Archival Methods 11x14in Museum Board,Bright White,25Pk
Archival Methods 100% Cotton Museum Board 40403
SKU: AM40403 MFR: 40403
Item will be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer/distributor. Item is non-cancelable and non-returnable. Usually ships in 7-14 days.
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
Archival Methods Museum Board is for matting, mounting and preservation of fine prints, precious documents, traditional and digital photography. For window mats and mat backing Archival Methods recommends a thickness of 4-Ply, which creates a 1/16" separation between artwork and glazing and provides a flat, supportive backing.
Your best print deserves the best mount possible. Presentation is half the battle and Archival Methods gives you the way to show off your best work. This is quality board designed for archival display.
- 100% cotton fiber
- Processed with artesian well water - pollutant and alkaline-free
- Acid and lignin-free (Lignin content is tested by TAPPI 236 cm-85 and has a Kappa number of less than five)
- Calcium carbonate buffer maintains proper pH levels and protects against airborne pollutants (2-3% alkaline reserve, pH 9 +/-0.5, acid-free)
- Pulp-free - Contains no metal particles, waxes, plasticizers or residual bleach peroxides
- Alkaline, alum-free sizing is used internally and across external surfaces
- The single ply sheets are laminated together using all natural starch adhesive
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to mounted matted artwork
- Board passes PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 (formerly ANSI IT9.16)
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding
- Internal Sizing: Sizing agents are used to prevent liquid from being absorbed into the board during the manufacturing process. There are three types of internal sizing: acid sizing, neutral sizing, alkaline sizing. This is done to strengthen the inside fibers of the board
- External Sizing: This is a process used to enhance the surface properties of the board (i.e. matte, glossy) and are characterized by the use of a alkaline pH-8.5 starch
- No alum is used in the manufacturing process
||11 x 14" (279 x 356 mm)