Maxell PD-23SL XDCAM 23GB Professional HDD Recording
Maxell PD-23SL XDCAM 23 GB Professional Hard Disk Recording Medium 229155
SKU: VDMX229155 MFR: 229155
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The Maxell PDRE23SL is a professional hard disk recording medium for the XDCAM series of camcorders. This product provides 23.3 gigabytes of storage, a blazingly fast transfer 72Mbps per head, 144Mbps with two heads and superior durability realized through an advanced cartridge and coating design. It's an ideal solution for EFP, ENG and event shooters due to its 122 min. record/playback time in the HD format (MPEG HD LP mode), 65 min. in the HD format (MPEG HD HQ mode), 45 minutes at 50Mbps in the SD format (MPEG IMX mode) and 85 min. in the SD format (DVCAM mode).
- 23.3GB Capacity: A large recording capacity of 23.3GB (about five times that of a DVD disc) is realized on a disc of the same size.
- Blue-Violet Laser: By use of a blue-violet laser with an extremely short 405nm wavelength, utilizing high-sensitivity phase change materials and a layer structure designed exclusively for high-speed recording.
- Laser-Cutting-Control Technology: An ultra-low-pitch data track is realized with high-precision laser-cutting-control technology; a track pitch of a mere 0.32im (less than half that of DVD-R's 0.74im) is achieved while the integrity of the grooves are maintained.
- Transfer Rate of 72Mbps: High-sensitivity phase change materials and an optimized layer structure allows for a high-speed transfer rate of 72Mbps with stabilized recording and playback.
- Protective Layer: This disc achieves a durable recording surface with greatly enhanced resistance to dust and scratching, developed for professional-use discs. It employs a high precision cartridge to protect against dust and handling errors caused by excessive use.
- Long-Term Storage Capability: It is a high-reliability disc with long-term storage capability of over 50 years.
|Data Transfer Rate
||86 Mbps (1 optical head)
||> 1,000 times
||> 1,000,000 times
|Estimated Shelf And Archival Life
||> 50 years
||128.6 x 130.6 x 9.1mm