Akai MPD26 USB/MIDI Pad Controller with Genuine MPC Pads
What's Included With This Item:
- MPD26 controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick start guide
Ways to Save
The producer's instrument.
• The MPD26 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller with genuine MPC pads. It's perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs. Its blend of intuitive MPC controls and technologies meshes with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel ofclassic beat making to the world of computer music production.
• The heart of the MPD26 is its bank of 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads, an Akai Professional exclusive. You can access four different sounds from each MPC pads for a total of 64 at your fingertips. The MPD26 also features the MPC series' assignable Q-Link controllers, enabling you to control nearly any parameters in your software in real time.
• You get six assignable Q-Link faders and six assignable Q-Link 360° knobs so you'll spend less time with the mouse and more time making music. The MPD26 also gives you a dedicated set of transport controls for instant access to the most commonly used DAW or sequencing-software controls.
• While the MPC pads and Q-Links might be the heart of the MPD26, its brain is transplanted directly from the MPC. That's because the MPD26 is not just a control surface; it contains some of the key MPC technologies that have made theMPC the de facto standard it is.
• MPC Note Repeat is a capability that enables the MPD (or MPC) to automatically play a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes on ahi-hat, for accuracy and speed of entry.
• MPC Swing is sometimes referred to as "the hear t and soul of hip hop" because it turns perfectly aligned sequences into human-feeling time alignments. You can specify exactly the degree and timing of swing you want to apply for the perfect feel. The MPD26 also has MPC Full Level and MPC 16-Level on its pads.
• The MPD26 sends MIDI information over its plug-and-play USB interface so you canuse it with your Mac or PC without installing any drivers. The USB connection even powers the MPD26 so the included USB cable is all you need.
• The MPD26 also has traditional DIN MIDI input and output jacks so you can use it with MIDI hardware such as synths and other sound modules. The MPD26 comes with Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software so you can start creating right out of the box.
• The MPD26 is the perfect interface between your creativity and the computer-based studio. Its blend of intuitive MPC controls and technologies meshes with easy USB computer connectivity to deliver the control instrument youneed.
|Pads||16 pressure and velocity sensitive|
|Q-Link Faders||6 - MIDI Control Change data|
|Q-Link Knobs||6, 360-degree pots|
|Transport controls||Rew, FF, Stop, Play, Rec MMC / MIDI Machine Control or MIDI|
|I/O||USB, MIDI In, MIDI Out|
|Power||USB bus powered or MP6-1 AC adapter for DIN MIDI, sold separately|
|System Requirements: Mac||1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
Available USB Port
|System Requirements: Windows||1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
Available USB Port
|General||LCD: blue, backlit|