Print & Document Storage Boxes
Archival Methods Onyx 20x24x2" Portfolio Box, 20-1/8x24-1/8", Black Buckram / White Lining.
SKU: AM10028 MFR: 10028
Important Notice! Item will be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer/distributor. Item is non-cancelable and non-returnab
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The Archival Methods Onyx Portfolio Boxes are often the best choice where presentation is as important a factor as storage and protection. This is particularly applicable for photographs, prints and similar art work that are in what we might call live storage, regularly presented or viewed but safely housed in between.
Portfolio boxes have the appeal of being "lockers" that converts to a "stage." Ruggedly constructed and well sealed, Archival Methods portfolio boxes flip open to provide a handsome, complimentary background that enhances and frames the contained works.
- Box core is Kappa binder's board (0.1), a bookmaking board with no glue between layers.
- Lined with 80 lb. acid- and lignin-free paper.
- PAT tested and passed.
- Covered in library quality F-Grade Buckram (poly-cotton) with a moisture-resistant, 100% aqueous acrylic coating.
- Adhesive is pH balanced and buffered, <.0008% sulfur content
- Reinforced hinge.
- Close-tolerance construction to keep out dust.
- Hinged design allows top to fold open and lie flat, providing easy and instant access; this design, moreover, facilitates transfer of stored items from one side to the other for smooth and professional presentation.
- An additional and important benefit is that photos, transparencies or documents are subject to less physical handling compared to storage in conventional boxes, further reducing any risk of damage.
- More specifically, works in portfolio boxes can be edge-handled with fingers never touching the surface of the work.
- Portfolio boxes are ideal for storing matted or un-matted prints.
- Strong hinge section withstands repeated opening and closing.
- All portfolios are hinged along the longest sides.
||Window/Mat: (Number of prints box will hold)
4/2 Ply: 20
4/4 Ply: 16
2/2 Ply: 26
|Type of Closure
||Black Buckram/White Lining
||20-1/8 x 24-1/8 x 2" (514 x 616 x 50mm)
||Archival Methods warranty