Packed with enticing and creative full-color photographs, this book focuses on the art of food photography and how the digital photography revolution has changed and enhanced it.
Broken down into the areas of photography, styling, science and business, this visual guide compiles all of these aspects of food photography into a valuable reference. Readers will learn techniques that combine the art of lighting and styling for still-life photography with the business sense of commercial photography.
It also provides tips for aspiring food photographers on how to get started and succeed. Whether readers are professional photographers who want to learn the advantages of digital photography in the field, or amateur photographers who want to experiment in their own small-scale studios, this unique book will prove useful to anyone interested in this realm of photography.
|Table of Contents||Introduction
1. The Key Ingredient: Pixels
2. Digital Photography: The Necessities
3. Who's Digesting It: Advertising, Packaging, Public Relations and the Media
4. Who's Doing the Cooking: Working with Food Stylists
5. Prop Styling: Who's Doing the Shopping?
6. Grabbing Your Attention: Composition
7. The Recipe for Light
8. The Digital Spice: Retouching
9. Get Cooking and Make Some Money: Getting into the Business