Random House: Understanding Flash Photography, Softcover Book by Bryan Peterson
What's Included With This Item:
- Book Size: 8.5" x 11", 160-Pages
• Flash is a necessary and immensely creative tool that dramatically increases theopportunities of any amateur photographer. However, many photographers find the concept complicated and intimidating, unsure where to begin, and instead continue limiting themselves to shooting only available light.
• Enter UNDERSTANDING FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY, an easy-tounderstand guide to flash and other artificial light sources. Author Bryan Peterson starts by breaking down how flash works, then dispels the widely-held myth that automatic "TTL" flash exposure is easier, showing readers how to quickly master manual flash exposure to control the quality, shape, and direction of light and create the images they want, every time.
• Bryan then goes beyond traditional flash, celebrating the creative possibilities of artificial light sources such as spotlights, floodlights, flashlights, candlelight, sparklers, even matches. He also includes a thorough exploration ofcombining artificial lighting with available light, providing easy exposure formulas to ensure that readers are soon mixing their own exposure cocktails with sure-fire success.
• For the hundreds of thousands who found Understanding Exposure an exciting tool in learning to move past "auto" exposure in available light, UNDERSTANDING FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY will be the essential companion to understanding the sometimes challenging exposure puzzle.
About the Author:
• Bryan Peterson is a phenomenon in how-to photography, with more than half a million books sold, including Amphoto's #1 bestselling title of all time, Understanding Exposure. He also ranks as one of the bestselling authors in the entire category, from any publisher.
• A professional photographer and internationally known instructor, he is the author of Understanding Exposure, Learning to See Creatively, Understanding Digital Photography, Beyond Portraiture, Understanding Shutter Speed, Understanding Close-Up Photography, and Bryan Peterson's Understanding Photography Field Guide.
• He is also the founder of the online photography school The Perfect Picture School of Photography (ppsop.com).