Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera with MFT (Micro Four Thirds) Mount
The BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera is a true digital video camera shrunken down to go where no other cinema camera has gone. The BlackMagic Cinema Camera's machined metal construction provides a sturdy and rigid workhorse that's compatible with the full line of available Micro Four-Thirds lenses. Unlike DSLRs that rely on "HDR" processing to force dynamic range, the sensor was designed for a full 13-stop dynamic range designed specifically to capture moving images and subjects. This camera offers an unbeatable performance and creative depth of field control that produces motion-picture quality results. Packed with 3G-SDI or 6G-SDI on the 4K model for monitoring, 1/4" mic/line audio inputs and a Thunderbolt connection for live streaming. When you want external camera and lens control a LANC port is included. Unlike other digital video cinema cameras, the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera uses off-the-shelf, super fast solid-state drives which already provide some of the best dollar/GB value.
- Sensor Resolution 2592 x 2192 delivering 2.5k resolution.
- Raw Resolution 12-bit RAW files recorded at 2432 x 1366
- Shooting Resolutions 2.5K RAW at 2432 x 1366. ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- 13 stops Dynamic Range
- Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings
- Micro Four-Thirdsmount compatible with electronic iris control
- Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support: auto camera data and user data
- Integrated mono microphone and speaker
If you're looking for a compact cinema camera that delivers true cinema quality video with no compromises then skip on the DSLR and get a camera that means business. The BlackMagic Design Cinena Camera offers an amazing sensor, wide dynamic range, and a wealth of industry standard connections. So skip the workarounds and compromises and check out the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera with MFT (Micro Four Thirds) Mount.
From the Manufacturer
• The BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera MFT features passive Micro Four Thirds lens mount, so you now have an even greater choice of lens options when shooting. The BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera MFT model supports any Micro Four Thirds with manual iris & focus, & is also easily adapted to other lens mounts such as PL via third party adapters. The ability to use third party adapters to allow other types of lens mount is due to the Micro Four Thirds lensmount being much closer to the image sensor & allowing space for adapters to other lens mounts.
• BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera MFT includes a super wide 13 stops of dynamic range, large 2.5K sensor, a built in SSD recorder that has the bandwidth to capture open standard CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes & Avid DNxHD files, a built in capacitive touch screen for direct metadata entry, standard jack audio connections, built in high speed Thunderbolt connection, 3 Gb/s SDI output, a refrigerated sensor for low noise, & is fully compatible with an even wider range of extremely high quality Micro Four Thirds mount lenses, plus other lenses such as PL mount lenses via common third party adapters.
• BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera MFT also includes a full copy of DaVinci Resolve for color correction and BlackMagic Design UltraScope software for waveform monitoring. This means the user can simply plug into Thunderbolt laptop & run UltraScope to get full waveform monitoring scopes on set!
• One of the most important features of the camera is its super wide dynamic rangeof 13 stops, allowing feature film quality images. Commonly people focus on morepixels, however often this just creates a higher resolution, but "video" looking images that still suffer from highlight & black clipping that limits details. BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera's wide dynamic range eliminates this problem and provides film quality with dramatically more detail retained in black & whites in the image.
• Once the shoot is complete, the included DaVinci Resolve color correction software can be used to adjust images and take advantage of this extra range in the images. The high quality Micro Four Thirds lens compatibilityalso helps create sharp & cinematic images that look incredible.
• To eliminate the damage that low bit depth and high compression video storage creates, BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera includes a fast SSD recorder. The built in SSDrecorder can record the full sensor detail in 12 bit Log RAW files in the open standard CinemaDNG format on fast solid state disks. These files can be read by all high end video software.
• The full 2.5K sensor data is stored in the files completely uncompressed because the SSD has the speed to store video data at therequired rate. This high quality file can then be color corrected on DaVinci Resolve for the same high quality result currently only possible on cameras costing tens of thousands of dollars.
• BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera has been designed as the perfect companion to Apple Final Cut Pro X and Avid Media Composer NLE software. Unlike other cameras, which require the use of custom video file formats that are not compatible with popular NLE software, often making the post production process a nightmare, the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera includes absolutely no custom video file formats, and every file type included is open standard. It records into CinemaDNG format for RAW files, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD for HD resolution files compatible with Apple Final Cut Pro X and Avid Media Composer.
• The built in large LCD display makes focusing easy, and allows playback of captured files. BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera includes a built in microphone, as wellas external jack based mic/line level balanced audio connections. When playing back recorded clips, a speaker is built in, and there is an included headphone socket, as well as embedded audio on the SDI output and Thunderbolt connection. The SDI output includes all camera data such as timecode, transport control, shutter angle, color temperature setting and ASA information overlaid in attractive antialiased fonts.
• For easy metadata entry, the built in LCD features fast and responsive capacitive touch screen technology. When the user taps the display with a finger, a data entry window called the "slate" appears. This lets the user entershot information just like typing on a smart phone. This data is then stored in the files and can be accessed by NLE software when editing content later.
• Metadata is compatible with popular software such as Apple Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve. All camera settings can be changed on this touch LCD, such as frame rate, shutter angle, color temperature, dynamic range, focus assist settings and more.
• BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera includes an innovative industrial design built from solid machined aluminum metal which results in an attractive but rugged design. All of the camera, recorder and display have been shrunk down into a lightweight design that is very portable.
• One of the most common customer requests since announcing the original model of the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera is other lens mounts, Micro Four Thirds is a fantastic option and so BlackMagic Designed a second model with this mount. Only Micro Four Thirds lets cinematographers use a wide range of creative lenses, but it also easily adapts to other lens mounts such as PL mount, so the range of exciting lens options is virtually unlimited!