B & W offers three filters for infrared photography, each with its' own unique features.
• This dark red filter is primarily for black and white infrared films.
•It filters out light below 650 nm.
• With color infrared film it produces pictures of a pure red image while making good use of the relatively low sensitivity of infrared films.
• Filter factor is approx. 20 - 40.
• This black infrared filter will filter out the entire visible spectrum.
• It is used with black and white infrared films with a sensitivity up to 1000nm.
• Filter factor is determined by the film sensitivity.
• This orange colored filter blocks the blue and blue-green portion of the visible spectrum up to 500 nm.
• It reduces the excessive sensitivity of color infrared films in this spectral range, separates colors more evenly thereby avoiding a blue tint.
• Filter factor depends upon the film's sensitivity.
Reviewed by 2 customers
The filter itself is great with pretty sharp cut-off, and should get a 4 star rating. However, it doesn't screw on any of my 58mm lens, and I had to use an adapter for it.
This filter is very dramatic: passes no visible light; on the right camera it provides very dramatic black-and-white IR effects. (I use a Sony DSC-707 which is very infra-red friendly). My dSLR will not work at all with this filter!