• Polarizer filters evenly increase color saturation of all colors (except black and white), creating deep, rich scenics.
• They add contrast for dramatic skies and ariel shots.
• Polarizers also eliminate glare from highly reflected surfaces like glass and water.
• Polarizers are two part lenses that rotate, allowing you to select the degree of additional saturation, contrast and glare reduction desired.
•They come in two varieties.
• Circular-for all types of cameras (required for beam splitting metering systems commonly found in auto-focus SLR's and in most current TTL Slr's; check your camera's manual).
• Linear-for rangefinders and older SLR metering systems.
The B + W 77 Circular Polarizer is commonly used for Color correction, Image manipulation, Lens protection, Shooting outdoors and more.The B + W 77 Circular Polarizer is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The B + W 77 Circular Polarizer is popular because customers like the following qualities of the B + W 77 Circular Polarizer: Clear optics, Compact, Consistent effect, Easily mounted, Easy to use, Firm mount, Improves picture quality and Strong construction
Most Liked Positive Review
Worth every penny
Useful in eliminating reflections on surfaces like windows or cars. You have to play around with the dial to get the desired effect if shooting the sky. Useful outdoors on a sunny day.
Reviewed by 57 customers
Good quality filter but price you have to pay over performance is too high, honestly I couldn't find much difference with my $7 cheap filter from other brand.
Build quality is great does what it does but for about $145 I thought it will be way better than my old $6 cpl but honestly I couldn't see any difference even under careful pixel peeping (reducing reflection, making cloud pop). There could be something better that I don't know but for performance it was exactly same as my $6 cpl, I'm so disappointed on b+w. I'm sending this back.
Works great with sky and water
great quality glass, can be thinner
Value is completely different from cost. There are cheaper CP filters but for me, the extra value of brass construction justifies the additional cost of this filter
Landscape. Make my Hawaii sky stand out.
used it on my nikon 10-24mm. bring up blue sky better with this filter.
I use this filter all the time day or night it works excellent
Great filter and CPL for professional use
I use it atch'd to my Canon 70-200mm and won't leave home without it