• Neutral Density filters evenly reduce the amount of light passing thru the lens without effecting color.
• Ideal for reducing bright light in large aperture situations when a narrow depth is field is needed.
• Allows for slower shutter speeds when blurring or showing of movement is desired.
• Allows balancing of exposure to highlight a key subject.
• Lets you use higher speed films in bright light.
• B&W Neutral Density filters are available in the following strengths:
• .3 (2X) #101 Reduces the light one f-stop.
• .6 (4X) #102 Reduces the light two f-stops.
• .9 (8X) #103 Reduces the light three f-stops.
• 1.8 (64X) #106 Reduces the light six f-stops
• 3.0 (1,000X) #110 (ten f-stops) & 4.0 (10,000X) #113 (seventeen f-stops) are for astronomical and sun studies.
Reviewed by 2 customers
dose a great job when a n.d. filter is needed
I am extremely excited to finally have a ND filter in my kit! This filter was included as part of my Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II package and I have to say what a stellar deal! Be warned when buying cheaper filters out there, you will get what you pay for so be advised. It's surely better to have something than nothing and have a cheap filter, BUT when the opportunity arises, I would not pass upgrade towards this B/W ND filter. I also have the B/W CPL Circular Polarizing Filter and that thing just kicks butt! I am expecting great results from this filter as well. The best part is Adorama's excellent customer service because my ND filter already had a scratch mark upon arrive and Adorama did not hesitate towards replacing this for me and I am happy as can be! Make the upgrade when you get a chance and never look back!