A Multitude of Devices:
• More and more devices these days are powered by USB. The Solio CLASSIC2 powers smartphones like the iPhone and Android devices, GPS units and bike computers, e-readers like the Kindle and Kindle Touch, tablets like iPad, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy, speakers like iHome and Jawbone Jambox, bluetooth headsets, water purifiers like Camelbak All Clear and SteriPen Freedom, digital video and still cameras like Drift and GoPro, and even LED headlamps like the Petzl Tikka-Core, and LED Flashlights like the E-Gear Jolt.
Sundial for Energy Capture:
• The ingenious design of the Solio CLASSIC2 allows a pencil to be inserted into acentral pivot point to make it possible to track the sun like a sundial. Simply point the CLASSIC2 towards the sun and rotate it until the pencil no longer casts a shadow. Adjust the position of the CLASSIC2 each time the pencil casts a shadow for maximum solar capture efficiency. A full day in full-sun completely charges the battery.
Compact for Travel;
• When the CLASSIC2 is not spun open to capture energy from the sun, it slides into a compact package that fits in the palm of your hand. At only 10.1 ounces, the CLASSIC2 easily tucks into a backpack or messenger bag and provides battery back up for a multitude of small electronics while on-the-go.
One Button Does It All:
• The Solio CLASSIC2 has a single LED push button. When the CLASSIC2 is capturing energy, the LED button lights up RED. Push the button one time and the CLASSIC2 flashes slowly 1 to 5 times to indicate battery level. Next it begins to flash rapidly to indicate power output. Depress the button onemore time to turn off the power
• While electronics are constantly changing, charging standards are agreed upon bythe mobile phone Wireless Association under the CTIA. The Solio CLASSIC2 is designed to deliver the CTIA standard power output. When the CLASSIC2 LED flashes GREEN, it is in CTIA charging mode (Normal charging mode).
• Apple has their own standard, so the Solio CLASSIC2 is also designed to switch to Apple mode for efficient charging of iPhone and iPod products. Press, and hold the LED button for five seconds, then release and the LED shows BLUE to indicate that it is delivering the Apple specified energy output. Press, hold, and release the button again and the CLASSIC2 is reset to CTIA mode.
Heat and Chemistry:
• The Solio CLASSIC2 utilizes a high-temperature rated lithium ion-polymer battery. Unlike other battery chemistries, li-poly works perfectly for the high-heat of solar charging and our 60 Celsius temperature specification means the heat of the sun never interrupts efficient solar charging. When the useful life of the battery is over, it may be user-replaced or recycled with a few simple turns of a screwdriver.