Dolly & Stand & Pedestal Accessories
Digital Juice Orbit Dolly 8" Pneumatic Wheel Set
SKU: DJODPW MFR: DJ.OD.PNEUMATIC.WHL
Please note! This item will be Drop-shipped to you directly from the Manufacturer/Distributor.
Estimated Delivery time is from 3 to 5 Days.
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The Digital Juice Orbit Dolly 8" Pneumatic Wheel Set includes 3 air-filled casters for the Orbit Dolly that reduce vibration and ensure smooth motion of the Dolly on a wide range of surfaces. Owing to their large diameter (8"/ 20.3cm), the pneumatic wheels can be used to move the dolly smoothly over largely uneven surfaces such as floors with expansion cracks, ceramic tiles, or textured flooring.
You can increase or decrease the air pressure in the tires in micro increments to achieve precise tire pressure for the surface in question. A maximum tire pressure of 36 psi ensures that the wheels effortlessly support heavy loads such as heavy rigging or large cameras. You can easily refill the tires via a standard Schrader valve similar to the ones found in most cars and bicycles.
Integrating a seal that protects the bearings from dirt and wear and tear, the pneumatic wheels offer a long life. Wheel hubs made from ABS plastic ensure that the wheels do not contribute to the weight of the Dolly and allow easy acceleration and deceleration on any surface. Easy movement and stability is provided by concentric ribbing on the tires, which ensures that the wheels continue to move in the desired direction.
Manufactured from medical grade rubber, the pneumatic wheels withstand harsh temperatures and more stress than regular rubber tires. The 8" Pneumatic Wheel Set sports a black finish and includes 3 tires made from light gray-colored non-marking rubber, which ensures no discoloration of the surface.
- Shock Absorption: Air is a natural shock absorber and an air filled tire means less vibration and a steadier motion on a wider variety of surfaces
- Micro-incremental Air Pressure Adjustment: You can adjust the tire pressure to suit the shooting or terrain situation. Use less pressure for a softer more forgiving ride on more uneven or rougher surfaces
- 36 psi Maximum Pressure: You get more than enough support for the heaviest rigging or camera setups that you might need to carry on the Orbit Dolly
- Standard Schrader Valve: Using a common valve type, like those used on most car and bicycle tires, makes for easy refilling with just an inexpensive bicycle pump
- Medical Grade Rubber: Digital Juice uses the same grade of rubber found on many personal medical transport devices. The Orbit Dolly pneumatic tires can withstand extremes in temperature, more stress and more wear and tear than lower grade rubber options
- Light Grey Non-marking Rubber: You can take the Orbit Dolly on any set, from green screen to pure white without leaving a mark
- Concentric Ribbing: The ribbed surface of the tires provides better traction and better tracking, keeping the tire moving straighter in your desired direction, especially on uneven surfaces
- Large 8" Wheel Diameter: Less revolutions over the same distance means a smoother ride overall than regular wheels, with less vibration through the dolly apparatus
- Sealed Wheel Bearings: Sealing the wheel bearings away from dirt and exposure means maintenance free operation for the life of the product
- ABS Plastic Hubs: Using a lightweight material like this means the wheels add less weight to the dolly, and there is therefore less rolling resistance, so the dolly is easier to accelerate and decelerate during shooting and it is easier to carry and store when not in use
- Same turning radius as standard 3" wheels: Since the 8" pneumatic wheels rotation point is in line with its axle, this wheel set will behave the same in terms of its arc tracking ability as the standard 3" polyurethane wheel set
- Same hardware as standard 3" wheels: The same mounting bolts used to attach the standard wheels to the dolly are also used to attach the pneumatic 8" wheels, so you only need to carry one set for any situation
||0.5" Aluminum Plate (Series 6061) with Industrial Matte Black Powder Coating (Wheel Assembly)
High Grade Stainless Steel (Axle Bolts and Nuts)
ABS Plastic (Hubs)
Medical Grade Non-marking Rubber (Tires)
||Tire Diameter: 8" (203.2mm)
Tire Width: 2" (50.8mm)
Axle Size: 5/16" (7.9mm)
||3-wheel Set: 7.65 lbs (3.46 kg)
2 Short Armed Wheel Assemblies: 2.5 lbs (1.13kg) each
1 Long Armed Wheel Assembly: 2.65 lbs (1.20kg)