Designed for the Highest Quality Image:
• The VC Series uses high quality A/D and D/A converters for input and output along with internal 4:4:4 10 bit signal processing. From simple format conversion to MPEG encode/decode to complex frame rate conversions, the VC Series delivers professional results.
Compatible with HDV devices:
• Compatible with wide variety of HDV cameras and VTR's from Sony, Canon and JVC, the VC Series offers a high quality processor for encoding and decoding HDV in real-time. Roland's audio technology also makes simultaneous processing of the audio signal possible.
Supports 24p Frame Rates:
• Cinema frame rates like 24p and 23.98p are now supported to enable conversion offootage shot with a variety of cameras. Supported frame rates vary depending on Input/Output terminals.
4-Point Gamma Correction:
• The newly added 4 points Gamma Correct function enables adjustment of bright/dark part independently. Enhances images to have a more film-like color.
• Carefully optimized algorithm of the built-in scaler has resulted in further improvements in the the image quality of the VC. Highly accurate processing is achieved in all types of conversion - up, down and cross conversion.
SDI Thru Output Function*(* VC-300HD only);
• You can select the SDI (HD/SD) output to be pre-processor or post-processor. This enables a monitor output or split output capability
Copy Protection on i.LINK output:
• You can add CGMS-D (Copy Generation Management System - Digital) to the output signal. This enables limitation to copy of digital content.
• You can now remotely control parameter setup of the VC from external devices, like a PC, via RS-422A Remote Terminal. This can be also used for parameter data backup.
• Parameters like input signal, conversion or processing can be saved to an internal memory. Up to 3 presets can be saved and enables convenient recall.
Auto format detection and simultaneous output from multiple terminals:
• The VC 300HD/VC-200HD features automatic detection of the input source & simultaneous output of the converted signal to multiple terminals such as SDI, IEEE 1394, DVI and analog component. This enables the recording or display of a single source to multiple recording devices or displays.
Bi-directional conversion and scaling:
• Bi-directional conversion of different formats including 59.94p, 50i, etc. are possible with the VC Series. Multiple resolutions like 480i/p,720p or 1080i can be input/output along with NTSC/PAL conversion.
Gen lock with external devices:
• The input and output to and from the VC series can be gen-locked with external devices. The VC supports variety of sync signals including analog BB,Bi-level(SD) or Tri-level (HD). The VC Series built-in frame synchronizer helps to lock signals from consumer products or computers.