EL Skyport USB RX Transceiver (EL 19348)
The EL Skyport USB RX Transceiver works in conjunction with the free EL Skyport Software, available for PC or Mac. The USB RX Transceiver is designed to send and receive information from the Universal Receiver and the RX Receiver.
The EL USB RX Transceiver:
• Provides communications between the computer and the lights used on a project
• Supports four workgroups and can control individual, groups or all heads
• No battery necessary as power comes from the computer
EL Skyport Software
The EL Skyport works with PC and Mac's and is designed to help create, fine tune, document (then save for future use) the simplest to the most complex of lighting projects. Skyport software requires a Skyport USB RX Transceiver to work, and when launched will located any flash unit that has a Skyport Universal or RX Receiver. When it locates an RX head or pack it will provide a duplicate of the units control panel. Everything that can be controlled from the head or pack can be controlled from Skyport software.
The USBRX Transceiver:
• Can control up to 16 lights per workgroup, 64 per studio
• Complex lighting setups (studio, camera, object, background and light positions) can be documented, saved and printed
• Lighting setups can be edited and used over and over
• Stroboscopic effects can be created easily using any connected head
• Built in module tester
• Provides detailed information about RX equipment including internal operating temperature, number of flashes fired and total number of times it's been turned on since it was manufactured
Reviewed by 1 customers
Just added a couple more RX strobes and the EL-Skyport System. Was so looking forward to using this system. Unfortunately the USB Transceiver does not appear to work with Windows XP. The Elinchrom website has special installation instructions but unfortunately none of the available software versions (current, previous, or beta) will make the unit operate. Tech Support is aware of the issue.