•This Flashpoint updated model remote shutter trigger kit is a hybrid (wired and wireless) shutter release for many cameras. The kit consists of a small remote control (transmitter)and receiver. When used wireless, the transmitter and receiver can be paired by any one of 16,000,000 channels (Smart Code) within the working distance of 100 meters (320ft). The remote uses the 2.4 GHz band.
• The Flashpoint supports the following functions: single shot mode, 2 seconds delay, continuous, as well as bulb mode. The can be used with a wide variety of cameras - just plug in a suitable cable to the receiver. A complete list of connecting cables available is provided below.
• Uses AAA batteries. The receiver can be attached to the hot shoe of the camera (facing forwards or backwards), or simply be placed alongside. The remote's shutter release button functions similarly to that of the camera's: a half press initiates autofocus on the camera and a complete press of the button takes a snap. Pressing the "mode" button, you can choose on of the following modes:
• S: Acts like a single press of your camera's shutter release
• 2S: Single exposures with a 2-second delay
• Continious: Will cause the remote to trigger multiple individual releases
• Bulb: For long exposure
so disappointed with adorama to include this with Canon 5D Mark III camera. cheap and doesnt work at all. no instructions and came on a cheap ziplock bag.
I purchased this trigger set as part of a package deal with a Canon 5D III body. I could never get it to work consistently maybe 20% of the time or less. I installed new batteries in both units so that was not the problem. Also there were no directions but I figured it out. So I returned the set and received a replacement set. The replacements were just the same so I returned them for a refund.
Came with no instructions, without which it's useless. The missing piece was how to sync the transmitter and receiver to the same frequency. I was able to find the manufacturers web site and e-mailed them for instructions, which they promptly sent. I passed the instructions along to Adorama Customer Service. However, it still needs a camera cable which doesn't come with it - the cable which I received with another device, which is also the one required by this device, didn't work with my camera (although it was designed to do so). So, all in all, this device could be useful but I couldn't get it to work with my camera.
No instructions included, even if there was, I am not sure it would be good. There is not even a box....just comes with plastic encasing.
I have not been using this remote (no camera cord included). I'll order the Flashpoint camera cord and try it.
I have not used the product. It came in a little plastic zipper bag without instructions, with no information about what it is (no useful labels, even). I haven't been able to find anything online about the necessary cable, either. Didn't even sport a brand name to help me dig for the cable, so it was good to have this review request so I could recall the brand name. So far, it's just a useless product.