Horseman ISS-G3 Control Unit, Intelligent Shutter System for Medium to Large Film & Digital Formats
Your card will only be charged once item ships.
• The current, second generation of the Horseman ISS (Intelligent Shutter System) has enjoyed tremendous success among professional photographers working with medium to large film (and, more recently, digital) formats.
• Its extremely high timing precision, vibration free, fully electronic operation, fine aperture settings down to 1/6 of an f-stop, automatic lens type recognition, large, clearly readable display, and many other convenience features have all been preserved or improved upon in the new Generation 3.
• But progress in digital electronics technology has been extremely fast, giving Horseman engineers the chance to create an all-new system to free the photographer even more from the technical and mechanical aspects of his work. The ISS G3 control unit, when compared with the current model, is now:
• Lighter by almost one half, weighing only 430 grams;
• Smaller in volume by about one half;
• Ready for the next shot immediately. There is no more waiting time while a capacitor is being recharged, simply because there is no such capacitor. The shutter can now be released up to ten times a second.
• Equipped with a second serial port which is used for activating a Phase One digital camera back; the other serial port is for controlling shutter and aperture from a computer keyboard;
• Powered by 24V DC (which is internally converted to 48V);
• Equipped with a newly developed CPU (central processor unit) and all-new control software.
To protect your current investment, Horseman has made sure that the new Generation 3 ISS will work admirably well with the same ancillary equipment and accessories as Generation 2.
This includes shutters of sizes 0, 1 and 3, auto camera backs, connection cables for digital camera backs, synchronizing cables for shooting with more than one camera, cable shutter releases, lens panels, and many more. The Horseman ISS has been elevated to a new, higher plane. Because Horseman believes that there can never be too much intelligence.