• HARMAN technology Limited, the pioneering professional imaging specialist, has introduced the first professional inkjet media products to incorporate Baryta; an ingredient used in the traditional photography process that has long been credited with providing traditional photographic prints with their inherent definition, tonal range and archival properties.
• Harman began developing one hundred percent Baryta products, adapting the technology used in traditional photography to create inkjet prints that shared the essence of real photographic images. By doing this, Harman believes it is ushering in the next stage of evolution for photographic inkjet prints.
• Baryta is a coating that sits above the fibre base of the new Harman inkjet media, lying underneath the regular active and protective coating layers. The Baryta layer prevents the emulsions soaking into the fibre base, enhancing the detail of images.
• Added to this, the Baryta improves the depth and quality of printed blacks, while also enhancing the whiteness of the fibre base; allowing a much broader tonal range with greater detail in shadows and highlights.
• Although these positive facets of Baryta have been recognised for decades in traditional photography, an inkjet product has never been able to harness them successfully until now.
• To further augment the benefits provided by Baryta, Harman is manufacturing the pioneering new media using a thick, heavy paper stock to help recreate the essence and physical attributes of traditional photographic prints. This stock also helps to generate a robust and versatile print, which combined with the archival properties boasted by Baryta enhanced products, creates a print that preserves the value of the image.
• Primarily targeted at the photographic artist and professional photography markets, the attributes inspired by the use of Baryta are expected to facilitate interest from museums, libraries and other institutions that require hard-copy image archives.
|Thickness aim||310 micron (12mil)|
|Base tint +UV CIE||L = 98.02, a = 1.66, b = -4.01 (L, a, b aim values)|
|Gloss aim values||1.3% at 20 degrees, 2.5% at 60 degrees, and 5% at 85 degrees|
|Opacity aim values||99.4 - 99.8 %|
|Description (Imperial)||8.5" x 11"|
|Media Size||US Letter Trial Pack|