• Take control of your photography-remotely. Compatible with all D-series SLR models, Nikon Camera Control Pro duplicates many of your camera functions right on your computer's screen. Works via USB or FireWire (depending on the camera) or wirelessly with the optional WT-2A (D2Hs, D2X, D2XS) and WT-3A (D200) Wi-Fi adapters.
• New Camera Control Pro remote control software, successor to the Nikon Capture 4 Camera Control. The new software enables simplified remote control of many Nikon digital SLR functions from a personal computer, and includes advanced features such as "Viewer" that provide substantial improvements in operation. Camera Control Pro is compatible with Nikon's latest software, including Capture NX, for smoother image processing from shooting to transfer and storage.
• Take Control of Your Photography - Remotely
• Using the USB or Firewire cable and/or optional WiFi adapters for select models, Nikon Camera Control Pro enables you to capture unique images no matter what the subject. Imagine positioning the camera in a remote location at a sporting event so you can freeze the end of the race right at the finish line, or from a unique angle above the playing field so you can relive that great score. Or keep yourself out of the picture at weddings to capture candid shots of guests as they arrive. Wildlife and nature photographers will love setting up the camera near a bird's nest, or in a bluff so they can take that once-in-a-lifetime shot. Industrial photographers can safely place the camera at special locations to record critical elements of the manufacturing process. And law enforcement and government agencies can now use their cameras for continuous surveillance purposes using the software's built-in intervalometer function. The possibilities are endless.
• Viewer function Enables captured images to be viewed within the software. Viewer window contains the following buttons: "Previous image", "Next image", "Show focus area", "Fit to screen", "100%", "50%", and "Delete".
• Tone Compensation Curves can be saved in camera In newer Nikon digital SLRs, including the D2Xs, customized Tone Compensation Curve data can be saved to tailor the camera's behavior to the photographer's vision and improve efficiency when using multiple cameras at the same time
• Improved graphic user interface A simulated (camera) LCD panel on the computer screen performs the same function as the camera's viewfinder display, and has been modified to be consistent with those used in the latest cameras for smoother operation. It is also possible to control the camera from your personal computer without having to use the control menu on the computer (the control menu can be hidden and the simulated [camera] LCD panel used exclusively).
• Compatible with Nikon's Image Authentication Software Image data can be transferred and stored without affecting the authentication function
Reviewed by 4 customers
I consider Camera Control Pro a must for my studio shooting. I get nearly instant feedback on lighting, exposure, and histogram on my laptop screen. I use it as well to save my custom camera settings and make modifications to them as well.
Nikon Camera Control Pro V2.0 a must for D2, D200, D3 and D300 owners provides you with control outside the Camera Body. A breeze for adjusting and setting up your Shooting and Custom Setting Banks, saving and downloading them to your Camera. Also great for Live View on the D3, D300 and interfacing with your other Photo rendition software. I would say if you can spend $3K to 5K on a Camera you should be able to purchase this software to open the potential of you system.
This product will allow full control of the camera from the computer monitor and instant capture of the image just photographed. Great for seeing your lighting results on full screen.
Allows time-lapse photography in addition to everything else the camera can do, all from your computer. I use it in a high turnover environment where someone prints photos at the computer while I take pictures at the camera. Also use it for remote nature photography.