This Olympus 17mm F/1.8 Mirrorless Bundle comes with $19.95 worth of free accessories including a New Leaf PLUS 3yr Lens Warranty and Shipping is free!
OLYMPUS M. Zuiko Digital 17MM F/1.8 MICRO 4/3 - SILVER LENS
Putting together a short list of the wide angle lenses best suited to your own repertoire? Then consider the list over: you’ve found the OLYMPUS 17MM F/1.8 MICRO 4/3 - SILVER LENS, a wide-angle lens capable of astonishing clarity and a wide range of visual effects.
- A Snapshot Focus mechanism lets you manipulate the wide-angle lens to your heart’s desire, customizing the exact look and feel of every shot you take with the Olympus 17mm M. Zuiko wide-angle lens.
- Quiet, smooth autofocus is essential in any lens—especially if you want to take photographs as well as video with it. Here, you’ll find autofocus that supports both equally well.
- Sick of spherical aberrations? Ghosting? Lens flaring? The interior of the Olympus 17mm M. Zuiko wide-angle lens is designed to minimize these lens hijinks and restore clarity to every shot.
Acquire an Olympus M. ZUIKO Digital wide-angle lens for yourself to see exactly what we mean by “astonishing.”
Learn about the OLYMPUS M. Zuiko Digital 17MM F/1.8 MICRO 4/3 - SILVER LENS
Sometimes you want to capture a far-off subject so you zoom in with a narrow-angle lens. For just about everything else, though, a quality wide angle lens is full of possibilities, whether you’re talking about landscapes, street snapshots, cityscapes or even simply capturing nearby subjects in low-light situations. Meet the OLYMPUS M. Zuiko Digital 17MM f/1.8 MICRO 4/3 - SILVER LENS, a wide-angle, single-focal-length lens well suited for all of the above, and compatible with the Micro Four Thirds System. This stunning piece of equipment isn’t only built for wide angles, but to capture just about any picture that’s as large as your imagination.
Of course, we at Adorama would be remiss if we didn’t explain how this Olympus-17mm wide-angle lens accomplished its magic:
- Nine carefully placed lens elements in six groups provide an advanced system of optics and lenses that ultimately work to deliver an aberration-minimized, sharp, quality picture. No detail is spared here, including even lens coatings that are built to reduce flare and ghost images. Go ahead—shoot against the light and see just how well a wide-angle lens like the Olympus 17mm can perform in less-than-ideal situations.
- Whether you want to capture still images or HD videos, the autofocus mechanism present in the Olympus 17mm wide angle lens is built to handle just about anything. True, a wide-angle lens is less susceptible to blurring and other similar aberrations simply because you won’t be zooming in tight on a subject—but any lens is vulnerable to blurring. If you’re going to take high-quality digital video, you’re going to have to make sure that the autofocus can keep up. Thankfully, that’s the case here.
- It’s not only the inside that counts, at least not when it comes to lenses! That’s why there is an optional lens hood and lens cap here, designed exclusively for this option. Many people enjoy the metallic, classic finish of the exterior, which looks every bit as sophisticated as the inner workings of the Olympus digital 17mm lens actually are.
- Don’t forget Snapshot Focus. This mechanism allows you to take spontaneous images by shifting the focusing point to a distance of your choosing. Slide your focus ring to make the choice, altering distance and depth of field, which lets you manipulate the wide angle for a variety of astounding visual effects. Amateurs and even professionals who have never had the chance to play with a wide-angle lens will particularly enjoy these features.
- Compact in size but large in function, there are just 1.4 inches in length to this Olympus 17mm M. Zuiko wide angle lens, which means it won’t take up excessive space in your photography bag, your briefcase, your pocket, or—well, it just won’t take up much space, period. Want the freedom to travel with a lens without feeling like you’re carrying your lens everywhere? This is the one for you.
At Adorama, we appreciate a good wide-angle lens both for its innate quality and for the wide spectrum of shots you can create when putting it to good use. But to call the OLYMPUS 17mm f/1.8 MICRO 4/3-SILVER LENS, part of the series of M. Zuiko lenses, a “good” lens does it a disservice: it belongs on your list of “great” lenses.
From the Manufacturer
• The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm f1.8 lens (34mm in 35mm equivalent), is a bright, wide-angle, single-focal-length lens ideal for snapshot street shooting, landscape photography or capturing subjects in challenging low-light environments. This high quality, compact lens features a stunning metal body and a Snapshot Focus mechanism for pan focusing with a distance indicator.
• The M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f1.8 has nine carefully placed lens elements in six groups to deliver sharp images of subjects with beautiful, eye-catching depth offield. The advanced optical system features three aspherical lenses, including aDual Super Aspherical element to correct aberrations, as well as a High Refractive index lens to correct high spherical aberrations.
• Each lens element is polished to an ultra-high level of working precision only possible with the progressive techniques developed by Olympus master craftsmen, and carefully assembled to ensure maximum accuracy and reliability. Olympus' exclusive ZERO (ZUIKO Extra-low Reflection Optical Coating) lens coatings are applied to the elements to reduce lens flare and ghost images even when shooting against the light.
• The Snapshot Focus mechanism lets users easily take spontaneous, blur-free images by shifting the focusing point to a specific distance. Sliding the focus ring back reveals range markings on the lens barrel, including distance and depth of field scales, which can be used as guides as the user adjusts the focaldistance by rotating the ring.
• With a total length of just 1.4 inches, the M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f1.8 is incredibly compact and adds to the rapidly growing lineup of Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses that enhance the performance and versatility of Olympus OM-D® and PEN® Compact System Cameras. The sophisticated, textured metallic finish projects a stylish, classic look that complements the design of Olympus® compact system cameras.
• Ideal for capturing brilliant still images and high-definition (HD) videos, the lens employs Olympus' proven MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) autofocusing mechanism featuring an inner focus system to drive this single-focal-length lensfor fast and quiet focusing.
• The optional LH-48B Lens Hood and LC-48B Lens Cap are designed exclusively for the M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f1.8 and both are elegant in design with a finely textured metallic outer finish and distinctive, classic appearance. The Olympus VF-1 optical viewfinder, originally developed for use with the M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 lens, is also compatible with the lens.
The Olympus 17mm F/1.8 Mirrorless is commonly used for Everyday, Landscape photography, Travel and more.The Olympus 17mm F/1.8 Mirrorless is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Enthusiast, Semi-professional among others.The Olympus 17mm F/1.8 Mirrorless is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Olympus 17mm F/1.8 Mirrorless: Durable, Easy to use, Lightweight and Reliable