Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body
What makes a camera body effective? It should be sealed from the weather, it should include features like in-camera sensor-shifting and Shake Reduction. In short, it should be the Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body, a camera body capable of delivering the highest quality images while protecting the camera inside.
- The 23.35 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Prime III Processor will do most of the photography work for you, giving your Pentax K-3 point-and-shoot capability that will have you taking professional-quality shots at the press of a button.
- The selectable anti-aliasing filter and SAFOX11 autofocus module will also keep your camera in focus and at the appropriate levels of lighting in order to make sure that the environment doesn’t get the best of your camera.
- The full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording allows you to take exhaustive video at a crisp, high level of detail that you’ll be proud to share on social media.
The Pentax K-3 is ready for you; the only question is if you’re ready for a leap forward in your photography. Want to start taking beautiful landscapes, portraits, and live footage at events including weddings and family get-togethers? Now you know where to start.
Learn about the Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body
There is no one single camera that can “do it all,” but the Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body comes awfully close. This digital single-lens reflex camera is designed with photo enthusiasts in mind, especially people who want to go from “zero to sixty” in terms of their ability to take crisp, stunning photos—specifically, photography enthusiasts who are looking to break into the photography game and liven up their social media accounts with bright, lively photographs.
But let’s talk about all of the features that help make the Pentax K-3 such a perfect option for photography enthusiasts:
- Affordability. It all starts here, doesn’t it? Well, there’s good news. Not only does the Pentax K-3 offer a more customer-friendly price point than the K-30, but it’s within the budget of many a photo enthusiast who wants to get started but doesn’t want to short-change themselves in terms of the equipment they’re using. And that affordability comes with features like a 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a PRIME III image processor, giving you the high resolution shots that your social media accounts are aching for.
- Crisp, beautiful photos. How is this achieved? Try a 1/8000 second shutter speed, which is fast enough to see an individual feather flutter on an over-caffeinated hummingbird. We would be remiss if we didn’t also mention the selectable anti-aliasing filter, which helps ensure that each photograph comes out looking just how you imagined with minimal manipulation on your part.
- Easy light manipulation. Any photography enthusiast knows that the presence of light is one of the most important areas of consideration in taking an effective photograph. The real-time Scene Analysis System present here offers 86,000 pixels of RGB light-metering sensing, doing much of the work of light manipulation for you. That means that you can take still photographs even in low-light events like wedding receptions and trust that your light levels will come out beautifully.
- Shaky hands? Not a problem. An in-camera sensor-shift Shake Reduction feature helps stabilize your shots, producing an in-focus result consistently. This gives your Adorama Pentax K-3 a point-and-shoot quality that will have you taking more and more shots at every event without having to worry about setting up tripods or setting the camera on hard surfaces.
- Video recording with the best of them. That means full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording, which offers crisp live video. If you want to take this camera with you to a wedding reception or to a family gathering, you’ll be able to take beautiful still photos as well as sharp HD cinematography that’s perfect for editing and posting to your favorite online video sharing site.
- Weather-sealing. Worried about rain? Moisture? A wet afternoon? Stop worrying so much; the weather-sealing present here offers a high degree of durability.
Perfect for family photos, spontaneous landscapes and scenery, low light events including weddings, and other similar interests of the photo enthusiast, the Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera Body is an exceptionally popular piece that is easy-to-use, features a strong shutter speed, and stabilizes images with little muss and even less fuss. That’s the kind of camera that’s perfect for anyone who’s new to a higher level of photography and wants a camera that won’t only make their images look good, but will make the photographer look good. And we at Adorama say: why can’t you do both? Paired with an item like the 500D close-up lens, you can do great things with this camera.
From the Manufacturer
The Pentax K-3 is Pentax's most advanced DSLR. A rugged, high-resolution APS-sensor DSLR, the K-3 boasts several technological firsts. Designed for photography enthusiasts with previous picture-taking experience, the camera promises near pro level performance and image quality improvements.
The Pentax K-3 has a new 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the world's first selectable anti-aliasing filter (more about that soon). Autofocus is achieved via 27 AF sensors with an impressive range of -3 to +18 EV; in other words, this camera should be able to focus in near-darkness. Pentax is also introducing a proprietary FLU wireless SDHC technology that will allow users to operate all of the camera's controls from their smart phone or tablet. The camera's body is magnesium alloy and it is water-sealed, and offers dual SD card slots.
Optional OFC-1 16GB Flucard WiFi SD Card Available (IPXOFC1) - Benefits:
Mirror live-view on your Smart devices or PC in real time
Change various settings on the camera remotely (Aperture, Shutter speed, ISO setting, Exposure)
Change focus point and release the shutter via touch control if it's available.
Browse the images stored in the card from browser on Smart devices or PC.
Download the image data from card to Smart devices or PC.
• 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor
• Selectable anti-aliasing filter
• SAFOX11 AF engine; 27 AF sensors includes 25 cross sensors and 3 sensors d edicated to low-light focusing
• Optional FLU wireless contr ol
• ISO range 80-51,200
• 1080/60p HD video in H.264 format
• Body-based Shake Reduction
• Dual SD Card Slots
• Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder with 100% coverage
• Built-in electronic level
• Weather sealed
• Multi-pattern white balance
• JPEG, Pentax PEF and Adobe DNG 14-bit RAW files
• HDMI Port
• HDR Image Capture
Let's take a closer look at this new camera's most important features.
24MP sensor: The Pentax K-3 features 24MP, APS-C-sized CMOS sensor, providing a 1.5x crop factor. It is coupled with a newly developed PRIME III imaging engine with what Pentax describes as high-efficiency noise and image processing capacities and an anti-aliasing filter-less design.
Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter: The K-3's most significant innovation is a first-ever Selectable Anti-Aliasing filter, giving the user the ability to easily toggle anti-aliasing functionality on or off, for supreme resolution and zero limitations. THere is no physical filter; instead, using the same technology that powers the camera's sensor-based Shake Reduction technology, when the anti-aliasing simulator is turned on, microscopic vibrations are applied to the image sensor unit at the subpixel level during image exposure, generating the same level of moiré-reduction effect as an optical anti-aliasing filter. The image is then computationally fine-tuned to remove any aliasing artifacts.
Since there's no filter to cut down light during this process, the effective light sensitivity of the sensor is greater. The downside? Anti-aliasing simulation is most effective with a shutter speed of 1/1000 second or slower.
Wireless capabilities: The K-3 has two SC card ports, and one of them is intended for an optional 16GB FLU card, designed by Ricoh exclusively for use with the Pentax K-3. Using this card's unique wireless capabilities, , the photographer can remotely change any camera settings such as aperture, shutter speed and ISO, shift the AF focus point, release the camera shutter, check Liveview image and more via a wireless device. Users can also download images to mobile devises and PC. Eye-fi Wireless and standard SDX Memory cards are also compatible.
Class-leading burst rate: At 8.3 FPS burst rate, the Pentax K-3 is very well-suited for extreme action capture and demanding high performance shooting. A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed freezes even the fastest action without subject movement blur, and is rated for 200,000 cycles. The K-3 continuously records as many as 22 images in the RAW format or 60 images in the JPEG format in a single sequence.
Pentax has employed several innovative technologies to boost the camera's performance, including a high-speed, high-accuracy control mechanism that regulates the shutter, mirror and diaphragm independently; a damper mechanism that effectively minimizes mirror shock; and a high-speed data transmission system incorporated in the PRIME III imaging engine.
SAFOX11 Autofocus Module: The newly designed SAFOX11 autofocus module maximizes 27 AF sensors and a vast light sensitivity range of -3EV to +18EV. The new focus module includes 25 cross sensors and three AF sensors dedicated to low light focusing.
Real Time Scene Analysis with 86,000 pixel sensor: The new Real Time Scene Analysis System features an 86,000 pixel RGB light-metering sensor and improved algorithms that further enhance accuracy of exposure, white balance and autofocusing.
H.264 video: The Pentax K-3 captures HD movie capture in the H.264 format (60p/50p/30p/24p), also including the ability to switch from still image to video recording with the flip of a dedicated switch. Equipped with a headphone terminal and stereo microphone terminal for external microphone connection. The user can also adjust the audio recording level manually and monitor sound levels during recording.
Fully weather sealed: As with most advanced Pentax cameras introduced recently, the K-3 boasts a rugged all-weather design. With 92 special seals, the K-3 boasts a fully weather and cold proof design to resist water, fog, snow, sand, and dust, for top performance in extreme field conditions as well as in the studio.
Multi-pattern white balance: When shooting scenes that include multiple light sources, such as sunlight and shade or flash, light sources are recognized automatically and the image is separated into different areas. White balance is adjusted separately in each area according to the different light sources to achieve optimal color reproduction.
Conclusion and Recommendation
The tradition of Pentax innovation not only continues under Ricoh, but it seems to have been ratcheted up several notches with the K-3, a very intelligently designed DSLR. This camera has the potential to be an instant classic.
The Pentax K-3 is commonly used for Family photos, Landscape/scenery, Low light, Sports/action, Travel, Weddings, Wildlife and more.The Pentax K-3 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Pentax K-3 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Pentax K-3: Easy to use, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Fast shutter speed, Good image quality, High ISO performance, Image stabilization, Large clear LCD and Quiet