• Ricoh's unrivaled GR Lens enters the Digital Age...Exceptional resolution & low distortion in a single lens unit. Superb image resolution that clearly captures individual hairs. Crisp image quality even in the periphery. These are the proud hallmarks of Ricoh's highly renowned GR Lens, which is breathing new life into digital photography.
• The GR Lens (f/2.4, f=5.9mm, equivalent to 28mm focal length on 35mm film camera) compensates for various aberrations, & weaker light in the periphery to deliver high-resolution, high-contrast reproduction over the entire image.
• Ricoh's advanced CCD delivers signature GR image quality. This compact 1/1.8-type imaging sensor with approximately 8.13 million effective pixels fully complements the sharp GR Lens to produce images with rich gradations & a wide dynamic range even when shooting at high sensitivity settings up to ISO1600.
• Highly efficient color aberration correction functions in the GR Digital eliminate purple fringes & reproduce true-to-life images in vivid, fine detailand natural color.
• Even diagonal lines, which are a challenge for CCD sensors, are reproduced smoothly by an original image correction process in Ricoh's GR Engine.
• Low-noise internal circuitry together with advanced digital noise reduction helps ensure superb image quality. Customizable settings enhance control over image reproduction with simple manual adjustment of such settings as contrast & levels before shooting. Each setting offers 5 levels of adjustment, save up to 2 combinations of settings for later recall.
• With 1 press of the shutter button, the GR Digital simultaneously creates 2 image files: 1 in the JPEG data format & the other in RAW. This option gives users the flexibility to choose the best format later.
• The Auto mode automatically provides highly accurate white balance regardless of the subject's color & reflectivity. Also a white balance bracketing function generates several instances of the same shot with auto white balance settings.
• The GR Digital offers 2 automatic exposure (AE) modes, program shift & aperture priority, as well as a manual exposure mode.
• Throughout the entire shooting cycle, including the AF process, GR Digital works at maximum speed, in combination with fast data writing to memory card, to deliver fast 1.5 second response to sudden shutter opportunities.
• Durable, lightweight and easy to hold, its die-cast magnesium body protects high-precision inner circuitry from electromagnetic interference while exuding a highly satisfying look of genuine, luxurious quality.
• Ricoh developed an elegant one-action, one-button user-interface menu system that lets users instantly call up often-used functions.
• The large 2.5-type color TFT LCD monitor on the back of GR Digital provides 100% field of view. The GR Digital comes with 2 dials, a front dial for selecting the aperture & a rear dial for changing the shutter speed.
|Image Sensor||1/1.8 primary color CCD (total pixels: 8,300,000)|
|Camera Effective Pixels||8,130,000 effective pixels|
|Lens Aperture||Focal distance> f=5.9 mm (28 mm converted to 35mm format camera)
Brightness (F)> f/2.4 to f/11
Lens composition> 6 elements; 5 groups: 7 diaphragm blades
|LCD Monitor||2.5 inch low-noise polysilicon TFT LCD; about 210,000 pixels|
|Viewfinder||Optional GV-1 external viewfinder for more comfortable framing Mounts on hot shoe almost directly above the lens
with framing guide for 21mm-equivalent field of view when using the optional GW1 21mm wide conversion lens
|Focusing Area||Shooting range: About 0.3 m to infinity from lens tip
Macro shooting range: About 0.015 m to infinity from lens tip
|Focus Method||Autofocus/ manual focus/ snap/ infinity (AF supplemental light also available)|
|ISO Sensitivity||AUTO; 64; 100; 200; 400; 800; 1,600|
|Exposure||Exposure adjustment: TTL-CCD photometric system: multi (256 div.)/ center focus photometry/ spot photometry|
|Exposure Compensation||Manual correction (+2.0 to -2.0 EV 1/3 EV steps)
auto bracket feature (-0.5 EV;±0; +0.5 EV)
|White Balance||Auto; fixed (Daylight/ Overcast/ Tungsten Light/ fluorescent light/ manual/ advanced); white balance bracket feature|
|Flash||Built-in automatic pop-up
guide number of 12
Far enough from the lens to illuminate all corners of the wide 28mm-equivalent field of view without lens barrel vignetting.
|Flash Range||Throw distance: approx. 0.2 to 3 m|
|Terminals for External Flash||Hot shoe supports metering via external flash unit Only when a recommended external flash unit is mounted.
Recommended flash units> Sigma Corporation's EF-500 DG Super and EF-500DG ST(forSigma)
|Built-in Flash Operating Modes||Auto/ redeye suppression/ force flash/ slow synchro/ flash off|
|Recording Media||SD memory card (3.3V 32/ 64/ 128/ 256/ 512MB/ 1GB); multimedia card; built-in memory (26 MB)
Recording modes: Photo (Still, Continuous, S-Continuous, M-Continuous), Program shift/ Aperture-Priority/ Manual exposure, Scene (Text, Sound), Motion
|Storage media||Storage capacity (built-in 26 MB storage) Still> 3,264 x 2,448: RAW: 1/F: 8/ N: 14; 3,264 x 2,176: RAW: 1/F: 9; 2,592 x 1,944: N: 22; 2,048 x 1,536: N: 36; 1,280 x 960: N: 63; 640 x 480: N: 277
Video> 320 x 240: 39 sec (30 frames/sec); 160 x 120: 2 min 26 sec (30 frames/sec)
|Self-timer||Operating time: about 10 sec/ 2 sec
Interval timer: Shooting interval: 5 sec. to 3 hours (units of 5 sec.)
|Interface||USB 2.0; Ricoh original mass storage selectable|
|Movie Recording Mode||Video> 320 x 240: 39 sec (30 frames/sec); 160 x 120: 2 min 26 sec (30 frames/sec)|
|Audio||AUDIO/ VIDEO interface: Audio OUT/ Video OUT
|Image Size (Pixels)||Still> 3,264 x 2,448; 3,264 x 2,176; 2,592 x 1,944; 2,048 x 1,536; 1,280 x 960; 640 x 480
|Image Quality Modes||F (Fine)/N (Normal)/RAW|
|Image Recording Format||Still> compression: JPEG*9 (Exif ver. 2.21); RAW(DNG)
|Video Output||Video signal format Switch between NTSC & PAL|
|Dimensions||WxDxH: 4.21" x 0.98" x 2.28" / 107.0mm x 25.0mm x 58.0mm;
does not include protruding parts
|Weight||Appx 6 oz / About 170 g (not including battery/ SD memory card/ strap); supplied parts: 1.05 ox / 30g (battery/ strap)|
|Power Source||1 Rechargeable battery (DB-60)
AC adapter (AC-4c option)
2 AAA alkaline dry-cell batteries
2 AAA Oxyride dry-cell batteries
2 AAA nickel-hydrogen dry-cell batteries