35mm & Digital SLR Lenses
Sony DT 50mm f/1.8 Standard Fixed Focal Length Lens for (alpha) DSLR Camera
SKU: ISO5018D MFR: SAL50F18
Please note: Although this item is temporarily out of stock, you can order it now and it will ship as soon as it arrives. Your card will only be charged once item is shipped.
Buy together and save
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The Sony SAL-50F18 boasts a large aperture which makes it easy to get great-looking portrait shots. The SAL50F18 is one of the first fixed focal length lenses in the DT series, which is designed exclusively for a DSLRs that use an APS-C type sensor. Make the move from the standard zoom and explore the world of portrait photography with the SAL-50F18 lens for your a DSLR camera.
The Sony 50mm F/1.8 is commonly used for Low light, Night photography, Weddings and more.The Sony 50mm F/1.8 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Sony 50mm F/1.8 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Sony 50mm F/1.8: Consistent output, Easily interchangeable, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Nice bokeh to mention just a few.
- SteadyShot INSIDE In-Camera Image Stabilization: A major reason for its compact, lightweight lens design is the benefit of SteadyShot INSIDE in-camera image stabilization, enabling lenses to eliminate the extra weight and expense of in-lens stabilization mechanisms
- DT Lens Design: A more compact, lightweight lens designed specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in some Sony a (alpha) DSLR cameras
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM): The built-in Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) eliminates the need to use a mechanical coupling system in the camera body to transfer auto focus (AF) drive power and control signals to the lens
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: To reduce chromatic aberration at telephoto extension, correcting certain wavelengths of light for sharp, clear images with well defined colors
- Circular Aperture: Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect
||7 blade circular aperture
||APS-C 35mm eqv. 75mm
||Front focus SAM (Smooth AF motor)
||6 Elements / 5 Group
|Minimum Focus Distance
||2-6/8" x 1-6/8" (70 x 45mm)
||Sony 1 year limited warranty