SONY DSC-RX1 DIGITAL CAMERA - BLACK
It might have a compact body, but it’s got the soul of a photography studio with no borders. Meet the SONY DSC-RX1 DIGITAL CAMERA, a camera with so many state-of-the-art features that you’ll wonder how they got it all to fit within a compact camera’s shell.
- The camera is fast, whether you’re talking about the AF speed of some 0.13 seconds or the full-resolution burst rate of 5ps, or the full HD 24p video. Everything about the Sony DSC-RX1 is fast, inside and out.
- Image quality is spectacular thanks to a full-frame 24MP sensor that offers a consistency in brilliance that you’ll find trouble rivaling even with the bigger, fancier cameras.
- Other features of the RX1, like a 3-inch LCD monitor and Auto HDR capture, give you maximum freedom to pick the shots you want and create special, unique visuals.
Want a camera that’s big enough to handle everything you want to shoot but small enough to carry with you everywhere you go? Then the Sony DSC-RX1 is the obvious choice.
Learn about the SONY DSC-RX1 DIGITAL CAMERA - BLACK
Big things often come in small packages. It might sound like a cliché at first, but here at Adorama, that’s just how certain cameras work. Specifically, the SONY DSC-RX1 DIGITAL CAMERA – BLACK is a compact camera that bears a list of features that are anything but compact. From sensors to LCD monitors to HDR capturing, this camera offers what is essentially a big photography studio boiled down into one compact, hand-held, versatile instrument of visualization. That’s a fancy way of saying that big things often do come in small packages, and there’s no better example of that ancient wisdom than this very modern compact camera from Sony.
- Sensor quality is of the utmost important to any photographer who knows their stuff. So what kind of sensor does this Sony DSC-RX1 have to offer? Well, the full-frame 24MP Sensor is about as sophisticated as anything you’ll see in one of the bigger cameras, if not more so: it offers a high degree of accuracy and quick image sensing that will startle anyone new to the idea of sophisticated compact cameras. If you’ve never worked with a camera of any particular quality before, this sensor will offer consistency and beauty the likes of which you haven’t yet seen.
- Full HD 24p video is the standard of any high-end camera now, and the manual control and audio output here ensures that you’ll be able to take smooth, blur-minimized video with as much control as you like. Taking quality action shots, after all, is about more than positioning the camera in the right place, it’s also about the camera itself. The Sony DSC-RX1 offers a degree of quick autofocus speed as well as the manual control you need to pack as much image integrity to your action shots as possible.
- A full-resolution burst rate of 5ps is not the only thing fast about this camera. The max. ISO 25,600 and AF speed of 0.13 seconds is also startlingly fast, giving you the freedom to essentially point this at anything and squeeze as much juice out of every single picture as possible. You don’t have to set up a shot over a period of minutes and even hours to get the most out of it—all you have to do is point the RX1 at it.
- You’ll have access to plenty of additional visual features here, including Auto HDR capture, which layers different exposures to produce one rich, beautiful portrait shot—no matter what the subject. If you want a unique sunset or want to find the best possible way to represent still art, or anything in between, the Sony DSC-RX1 will be able to accommodate you.
- Easy, intuitive use ensures that all of the features you see here—and many more—are easy to access. The navigation on the main body is simple to figure out, giving you the ability to begin having fun with all of the different shots you can muster right out of the box.
Adorama knows that compact cameras don’t have to be compact when it comes to their image quality. But do you? Buy the SONY DSC-RX1 DIGITAL CAMERA – BLACK and you’ll see exactly what we mean.
From the Manufacturer
The new Sony DSC-RX1 is the world's first 35mm compact digital camera, with a small camera body that houses 24.3MP full-frame sensor. The camera has a built-in 35mm f/2.0 Carl Zeiss Sonnar T lens; Taking advantage of the high quality images that a full-frame sensor can deliver, the camera is said to shoot "clean" high-ISO images up to 25,600, and Accurate high speed auto focus (AF).
Sony DSC-RX1 Key features:
Full-frame 24MP Sensor
35mm f/2 lens
Full HD 24p video with manual control and audio output
Max. ISO 25,600 Claimed AF speed of 0.13 sec
Full-resolution burst rate 5fps
3 dedicated rings for aperture, focus, and macro
Quick navigation and control shortcuts
MR mode recalls up to 3 preferred setting combinations
9 iris blades for good Bokeh
Multi-interface shoe for flash, light, microphone
3-inch LCD monitor
Auto HDR capture
Two aspect ratios
Built-in flash (GN6)
The Sony DSC-RX1 is clearly aimed at serious photographers who are already comfortable with manual exposure and focus control, and who may already own a DSLR and are looking for a sophisticated little camera to augment their big rigs. By putting a prime lens on the camera, Sony was able to use the best glass possible - a good thing, because a lesser lens's optical issues would show up clearly on a full-frame 24MP sensor. And, as the first compact 35mm digital camera, it is likely to be embraced by high-end aphotographers.
Let's take a closer look at the Sony DSC-RX1.
The world's first 24.3 MP effective 35mm full-frame sensor offers an ISO range of 100-25,600; 14-bit RAW image data recording further improves image gradation, while the BIONZ image processor enables up to 5 fps high-speed continuous shooting. Sony also offers a mode in which the camera captures six images in a fraction of a second, and combines the data from all images to create a single image that they claim reduces noise by two stops. Shutter lag is claimed to be 0.13 for focus speed - a DSLR-like performance.
The Sony DSC-RX1 can also capture full HD 24p video, with manual control and audio input. Users can enter Program, Shutter, Priority, Aperture priority, Shutter Priority, or Manual exposure mode when shooting movies. In addition to a built-in Stereo microphone, the camera offers an external mic jack for off-camera microphones.
Ergonomically, the Sony DSC-RX1 offers three control rings for aperture, focusing and macro controls, and a Quick Navi setting lets users quickly access other camera settings. MR (memory recall) mode can memorize up to three groups of the user's preferred settings. Settings include zoom magnification, white balance, exposure compensation, shutter speed, drive mode and metering modes. This enables quick switching of settings. Manual focus is aided by peaking, which highlights the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors (white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography.
This camera has two Autofocus modes: Single-shot AF (AF-S) or Continuous AF (AF-C), which tracks moving objects. It also has Manual Focus for manual focusing freedom, and Direct Manual Focus (DMF), that first uses autofocusing to focus on the subject, and then allows fast and easy switching to manual focusing for even more precise adjustment.
The Sony DSC-RX1 has a "multi interface shoe," which can accommodate accessories such as a newly-designed flash unit, an electronic viewfinder, an optical viewfinder, thumb grip, clip-on LCD monitor for video, and more. The built-in LCD monitor measures 3 inches and has 1.229k dots resolution.
The Sony DSC-RX1 has built-in HDR which combines three shots that can be as far as 6 EV stops apart. The built-in flash is small and projects a modest amount of light, which is fine for fill and close-distance lighting, and the camera offers all of the usual flash modes.
Then there are the way-cool features: Sweep Panorama (Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera continuously shoots images and stitches them together.) Face detection and registration (and it can prioritize focus on children or adults), and self-portrait auto framing (shoots a quick vertical portrait with perfect composition after you've shot the horizontal) are the kinds of features you'd find on a compact camera.
Rounding out the Sony DSC-RX1's feature list is its 15 creative modes (Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Twilight, Night View, Autumn Leaves, B&W, Sepia, Sunset, Portrait and Landscape.), the ability to fine-tune saturation, contrast and sharpness to taste, and Picture Effect mode, which applies fun filters to images including Soft Focus, Posterization, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Soft High-key, Toy Camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Watercolor Painting, HDR Painting, and Illustration.
Yes, the Sony DSC-RX1 is a premium-priced camera. But if the camera performs as predicted, it will be the best compact digital camera money can buy.
The Sony DSC-RX1 is commonly used for Family photos, Low light, Travel and more.The Sony DSC-RX1 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Sony DSC-RX1: Compact, Easy to use and Good in low light