• The uniqueness of DxO Optics Pro lies in its ability to perform the highest quality corrections without human intervention.
• Whether you want to enhance your pictures in a single click without having to bother setting up sliders, or you want to manually set up your own correction parameters, you will find an operating mode ("auto", "guided" or "expert") to suit your needs.
• The all-new DxO Optics Pro version 4 brings a wealth of innovations to demandingphotographers worldwide, building on the superior foundation of DxO Optics Pro v3.5's breakthrough automatic corrections.
• The DxO Color Engine incorporated in this very latest version DxO Optics Pro software revolutionizes color possibilities with a palette of all-new color functions, from unique Color Rendition Profiles through Color Modes, to the innovative DxO Multi-Point Color Balance. Now DxO Optics Pro helps you achieve even better image quality with ever greater flexibility and control.
• At the very heart of DxO Optics Pro, the award-winning DxO Optics Engine uses unique hardware modeling to automatically eliminate optical defects. Based on sophisticated models of camera and lens performance, DxO Optics Engine automatically removes lens distortion, vignetting, lens softness and chromatic aberration, and with input from the user, can also apply perspective corrections (keystoning, horizons).
• To implement DxO's unique Optical corrections on a particular combination of camera and lens, thousands of scientifically set-up pictures are taken by our lab team, and then processed to produce a mathematical model of imaging performance. DxO Optics Engine then uses this model called a DxO Correction Module to reverse imaging defects and improve image quality.
• DxO Optics Engine, now in its third generation, is a core component of DxO Optics Pro that is responsible for solving geometrical and optical problems in digital images. The third generation, unveiled now in DxO Optics Pro version 4, builds upon this solid foundation to introduce revolutionary new features to widen your choice of lenses and provide unmatched control over image geometry.
• Software installation may require a total amount of disk space up to 60 MB.
• Memory requirement: DxO Optics Pro Starter: 512 MB of RAM, DxO Optics Pro Standard: 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended), DxO Optics Pro Elite: 1GB of RAM.
Windows: Intel® Pentium® 3 processor or AMD® equivalent (Pentium® 4 2.0GHz or equivalent recommended)
• Microsoft® Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional or Home Edition (Windows XP 64 bits is not supported)
Macintosh: PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor (will not run on G3)
• Mac OS X.3 or X.4
Most Liked Positive Review
Unbelievable improvements to my images
I tried the demo of this product based on a review I read in one of the better photo magazines. When the demo ran out, I just had to get the full thing. I was amazed at how the software could automatically improve both my "keepers" and photos I would have previously rejected. Even after several years of practice, I am unable to reproduce in photoshop what this software does on its own in a matter of ten or 15 seconds. Very highly recommended.
Reviewed by 14 customers
The program works great but you have to switch between the arrow pointer and hand pointer to move around in the photo. You can leave as the arrow and use the space bar held down to navigate but old school. The upgrade to 7.5 was flawless but when they go to 8.0 you will probably need to upgrade. All of my cameras and lenses are supported so I will not chase the upgrades and 7.5 works great for me. The jpeg output from the software is smaller than the in camera jpeg of the same size, but is of higher quality. You can see the difference in prints!
To be fair, the freezes probably have more to do with my older system-about 5yrs old. Can still load up a batch of 200+ images and be done in about an hour. Fixes lens distortion with no fuss. Provided the proper lens module is available and loaded. I've had no problems with my Nikon D7000 with: Tokina 11-16;N(Nikon) 35/f1.8;N18-105;N80-200/f2.8D;N18-200
Does a beautiful job of removing lens distortion for each of my Nikon lenses. It corrects perspective distortion using a very intuitive method of drawing a closed box around an area that should be rectangular.
Best place to start
This product is not Photoshop by any means. That being said, DXO stands in area of its own! This is a great program that preforms well on its own. For those who want to spend more time shooting and not behind a computer. This may be the program for you.
After some initial snags with v5, I was able to upgrade to v6 and I am very happy with how this makes my already good pictures so much better. The clarity, sharpness and depth are amazing.
Once I got used to the software, it proved to be a great time saver. I followed dxo's recommendation of using it first in a workflow, it corrected most of problems on first pass. It crashed few times but generally problem free.
I have been using DxO since I purchased my first Digital SLR Camera. The software has done a great job of putting out a quality image. There were some problems with the early releases of version 5, but DxO has corected those issues.
Windows/Mac version 4 is great. Improved my photos a lot. Windows version 5 is buggy. Crashed several times. I am back using version 4. Still waiting for Mac version 5.
For a Fraction of the price of anything else I have used, this gives me the best results in just a few seconds. 95% pf the time, DxO does a better job than I can in Photoshop. Use a Digital SLR? I would get this software first. Tha manual is not the best I've seen but the software is really easy to use.