Kata's popular R-106 Digital Rucksack GDC (Global Digital Collection) is the biggest of the collection and it can be used as a functional, ergonomic and spacious backpack for both videographers and photographers.
As a video bag, features include:
• Designed to hold camcorders such as the Sony EX1, Panasonic HVX200 and the Canon A1/G1.
• Video accessories such as media, batteries, filters, chargers, cables, etc can be stored in the surrounding compartments, the spacious arched lid compartment, the 2 mesh pouches and the central mesh/vinyl pocket.
As a photo bag, features include:
• Designed to hold large D/SLR cameras with battery grip attached along with long telephoto lenses plus accessories.
• Photo accessories such as extra lenses, flashes, chargers, cables, etc. can bestored in the surrounding compartments, the spacious arched lid compartment, the mesh pouches and the central mesh/vinyl pocket.
• Camera Straps can be attached to the D rings on the harness (they can be turned into a regular camera strap by connecting to the extender provided with the R-106, or to Kata's Reflex E Camera Strap).
Additional Features for both Photography and Videography Include:
• Two external front pockets and the detachable side pockets are designed to holdyour personal accessories.
• Central compartment is uniquely designed to provide quick and separate access to your camcorder or camera.
• The ergonomic harness and waist belt includes a unique cushioning and shock absorbing system combined with a 5-point adjustment mechanism which provides optimal ventilation and weight distribution.
• Padded divider set allows you to organize the interior to fit your equipment set-up requirements. If needed, extra Modi-Vers Kits are available separately.
• Tripod holder with an upper adjustable strap allows you to carry your tripod on the central part or on one of the sides of the Rucksack.
• Specially designed Camera Straps can be attached to the D rings on the harness which takes the camera load off your neck (they can be turned into a regular camera strap by connecting to the extender provided with the R-106, or to Kata's Reflex E Camera Strap).
• Full protection on the main zipper and KATA's unique double sided cover ensures your equipment is well protected from the elements, both rain and sunshine.
• The R-106 has a sleeve for use with the Kata Insertrolley (Model KT VG-DTS) or most luggage trolleys.
Reviewed by 3 customers
This Kata backpack is a beast. If you have to carry absolutely everything (or if you just don't know how to pare down your gear), then this is the backpack for you. While it's pretty comfortable to wear, the pack itself is heavy. Add your gear and this puppy is really for strong of back and stout of leg. That being said, the construction is quite good and the backpack offers a lot of protection. It's no more cumbersome to get at the gear than it is in any backpack. Bottom line: a good, well made product, but heavy as a tank.
Great way to secure and protect gear, but all that padding comes with a price. The inside is somewhat smaller than the outside would lead you to believe. It's also a beast of a "rucksack"; it's a substantial backpack and it is heavy when empty. I don't think I'll be trekking with this, but it's easier than multiple camera bags.
This is a great bag, comfortable, looks great and has THE BEST PROTECTION, but that protection comes with a price it does not hold as much as my lowepro bag. BUT an amazing bag overall!