The Control Freak is one lens in Lensbaby's Creative Effects SLR lens system. This model is optimized for table-top and macro photography due to the fine degree of control if offers. The Control Freak ships with the Double Glass Optic installed and is compatible with all other optics in the Lensbaby Optic Swap System, except for the Fisheye Optic.
With the Control Freak, photographers compress and bend the lens to find the desired focus, and then lock it in place with the push of a button. Once locked, the barrel focusing ring can be rotated to fine tune focus, and tilt (placement of the Sweet Spot of focus) can be altered by rotating the knobs on the end of the Control Freak's three metal posts.
The Control Freak focuses from 18 inches at rest to infinity when compressed. Pushing out on the focusing collar allows the user to focus as close as 9 inches away from their subject matter. Another unique feature of the Control Freak is the option to shoot in either free form or locked mode. Photographers can easily switch from shooting in locked mode with fine focus and tilt control for a table-top shoot, to shooting street photography quickly and seamlessly by choosing not to lock the Control Freak in place. The ability to choose modes can also be particularly helpful when shooting video due to the very dreamy and surreal look the Control Freak produces when shooting in free form mode, as compared to the more controlled blur when shooting with the Control Freak locked down.
• Provides film makers with the unique ability to shoot both free-hand and locked down
• Compatible with all Lensbaby Optic Swap System optics except the Fisheye (due to the extremely wide angle of view of the Fisheye Optic, the metal rods and knobs will always be visible in the image)
• Focus Type: Manual
• Aperture Type: Interchangeable levitating aperture disks
• Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22
• Minimum Focus: About 9"/23cm/ Maximum Focus: Infinity
• Features three metal rods to fine tune tilt (placement of Sweet Spot of focus)