The Original Lensbaby - Creative Inspiration
• The Original Canon EF Mount fits all Canon digital and film EOS SLR bodies as well as: Kodak DCS-1, DCS 520, & DCS 560.
• The Original Lensbaby lens is the hybrid love child of an old-fashioned bellows camera and an up-tight tilt-shift lens. The Original Lensbaby captures images with glowing highlights, subtle prismatic color shifts and the trademark Lensbaby graduated blur.
• The Original Lensbaby features a single, uncoated optical glass element which is quite sharp at f/5.6 and f/8 but becomes softer and slightly diffused at f/4 and more diffused and impressionistic at f/2.8.
• The Original Lensbaby is a favorite among artists, students, and toy camera lovers who enjoy raw, imperfect, and soft images. Portrait and wedding photographers who want to soften features appreciate the Original Lensbaby's romantic possibilities.
• Want a fun little lens that will add a creative spark to your repertoire? Lensbabies selective focus SLR camera lenses bring one area of your photo into sharp focus, with that "sweet spot" surrounded by graduated blur. You can move the sweet spot to any part of your photo by bending the flexible lens tubing.
• There are three versions of the Lensbaby lens and three Lensbaby accessory lenses. The Original Lensbaby has the impressionistic look of Holga cameras, but with an SLR camera's convenience and creative control. Lensbaby 2.0 offers a much sharper sweet spot of focus with minimal diffusion. Lensbaby 3G allows you to lock the lens into place, and then fine focus for precise and repeatable results.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Don't attempt to take the Lensbaby seriously, rather just let yourself have fun with it. Let yourself be a kid; play with this toy and enjoy the results. Film, digital, either work well with the Lensbaby
If you are in a rut, the lens can provide some creative effects. It is a bit hard to focus and will only work in either manual exposure or aperture priority. It's best to use the manual exposure for better control. So far, I have been having fun with it.