Since 1907 Leica has defined the art and science of High Performance binocular design and manufacturing. In this, Leica's Centennial Year of binocular production, Leica is proud to introduce their latest Benchmark achievement.. the LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binocular Line!
The new 32 mm HD models stand out not because of their extreme compactness, but also their new HD lenses, which gives them increased high-performance.
LEICA ULTRAVID 8 x 32 HD High-performance binocular with 32 mm objective lens diameter, 8 x magnificationand a large field of view of 135 m allows for a great overview and steadiness of image. This binocular is the new reference class for those seeking minimal weight yet maximum optical performance. In terms of optical performance and handling, you might believe that you are holding a 42 mm binocular, when in fact it is a 32 mm binocular. All 32 mm models are available in black rubber armoring.
Packed with over 200 innovative changes, the NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars extend the highly acclaimed market leading performance of LEICA Binoculars. The NEW LEICA ULTRAVID HD Binoculars are truly "H"ighly "D"esirable!
Highly Defined Performance:
• Fluorite-Ion Lenses for High Definition Images by further reducing chromatic aberrations and improving color rendition.
• New Highly Developed lens and prism coatings provide increased light transmission (+3%) for brighter images in any light.
• Higher Demands in stray light reduction increases overall contrast and provides greater image detail resulting from utilization of new computer aided design capabilities.
• Highly Designed focusing mechanism incorporates a virtually lubricant free system with PETP-Discs which provides for a smooth and positive movement throughout the operating temperature range.
• High Durability is insured through the use of a proven magnesium body with the industries highest shock and waterproof ratings.
• Leica's newly developed AquaDura hydrophobic lens coating meets the High Demands of "go anywhere at anytime" use rolling rain off of external lens surfaces and also facilitating easier lens cleaning.
Imitating nature: Leica AquaDura The models of binocular and spotting scopes with the new HD and APO lenses are now fitted with Leica AquaDura, a "hydrophobic coating" which with its water and dirt-repelling properties, ensures clear visibility even in poor weather conditions. As with the leaves of the lotus plant, droplets of rain simply roll off the lens, and fingerprints and dirt particles are much easier to remove. In addition, thanks to its increased abrasion resistance, Leica AquaDura will protect your valuable lenses from damage even more effectively.
|Type of Prism||Roof prism system with phase correcting coating P 40 and HighLux-System HLS|
|Field Of View at 1000 Yards||404 ft.|
|Angle of View||7.7° Objective Angle of View|
|Diopter Adjustment||± 4 dpt|
|Lens Coating||HDC*T Coating|
|Material||Housing: Die-cast magnesium, nitrogen filled|
|Rubber Coated||Black Rubber Armor|
|Focus Type||Internal focusing via central focusing device|
|Close Focus Distance (ft)||approx. 7.2 ft|
|Waterproof / Fogproof||Watertight to a depth of 5 m/16.5 ft|
|Eye Width Adjustment Range||52 mm to 74 mm|
|Dimensions||WxHxD: 116 mm x116 mm x56 mm / 4.56" x4.56" x2.25"|
|Weight||ca. 18.9 oz|
|Other||Eyepieces for eyeglass wearers: yes, moveable, with two click stops|
|Other||No. of lens elements (each side): 9, all with HDC*T coating|