• Medical shears with multiple tools. The Leatherman Raptor features the necessary tools for uniformed professionals to safely and quickly go to work in an emergency situation. Developed with the input of special operations medics, EMTs and fire professionals the Raptor has just the right balance of features for medical-specific ops without an overkill of tools to complicate sometimes life-threatening situations.
• 1. Medical Shears: These folding shears feature serrations to help grip materials for a strong fast cut. Shears also come apart for cleaning and maintenance
• 2. Strap Cutter: Strap cutter with locking liner for safety works when the shears are open or closed. The cutter can be deployed with one hand and is designed to work with aviator-style gloves on.
• 3. Oxygen Tank Wrench: Many oxygen bottles come with wrenches, but when they've gotten lost this handy feature ensures you're still able to access life-saving oxygen. Integrated into the base of the strap cutter, it stays hidden and out of the way until you need it.
• 4. Ring Cutter: Works on most standard gold bands, the ultra-strong ring cutter is a must-have for first responders.
• 5. carbide-tip glass breaker: The carbide-tip glass breaker means you'll be able to break standard, civilian-grade glass quickly during stressful rescue situations.
• 6. injection-molded polymer holster: Made from glass-filled nylon, this holster rotates on a strong and secure clip for quick access on a vest or pack. Shears can be stored in the open or folded position.
Reviewed by 1 customers
I work for a busy 911 service and good shears are a must. I hate the cheap ones and never have the right place to keep them. Having them fold on my belt is perfect. It also puts an O2 wrench at my fingertips, where it needs to be. The other features will come in handy if I need them, but so far have not been used. They only thing I wish it had was a blade, then I could loose another piece of equipment.