Meade #505 Connector Cable Set for the LX-90 & LXD-55, ETX-90, ETX-105, and ETX-125 Series Telescopes
What's Included With This Item:
- 3-foot, 4-pin to 4-pin cable
- 6-foot, 4-pin to 6-pin cable
- 6-pin to RS-232 serial interface adapter -
The #505 Connector Cable Set provides access to three Autostar operations:
• Use a personal computer (PC) to directly control a Meade Autostar-compatible telescope through the use of an astronomical software program with telescope control capabilities such as Meade Epoch 2000sk Sky Software.
Download from a PC:
• Download a new version of the Autostar software or object information (e.g., new satellite orbital parameters) from the Meade web site (www.meade.com) through a PC to Autostar.
Download and Clone from Autostar:
• Transfer user defined object information or new Autostar software from one Autostar Computer Controller to another.
The 3-foot cable connects two Autostars, while the 6-foot cable connects an Autostar and a PC using the interface adapter.
A powerful feature of Autostar is that it serves as an interface between an astronomical software program, such as Meade Epoch 2000sk Sky Software, and a Meade digital telescope. NOTE: The software program must be compatible with the LX200-series telescope to be compatible with Autostar.
NOTE: The two versions of the Autostar Computer Controller are not compatible with each other (i.e., cloning from a #497 to a #495 will not work).
Downloading information is a two step process: First, information is downloaded from a web site to a PC; second, information is downloaded from the PC to Autostar.