NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX
You’ve browsed through a lot of 50mm lenses, but something tells us that you haven’t quite come across something as special as the NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX. This lens (with an FX-format equivalent to 52mm) is a true one-of-a-kind, and you’re about to find out why:
- A DX-format lens with a fixed focal length is a rare thing indeed, but you’re looking at it. The unique picture angle that results from using the Nikon 35mm is stunning, and even mimics the angle of another famous lens: the human eye.
- Accurate color reproduction and sharp imagery are key here, as is the near-silent autofocus that works “in the background” while you focus on each image as it comes.
- Lightweight, versatile, and affordable, this lens offers plenty of professional capability at “enthusiast” prices.
If you’ve ever thought that your photography is “missing something,” and you’ve never been able to quite put your finger on it, you might simply need to switch to a lens that’s as accurate to the imagination as anything we’ve encountered. The 35mm f/1.8 Nikon might be that lens for you.
Learn about the NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX
A lot of people want “one of a kind” lenses. A lot of lenses will claim to be one-of-a-kind, sure, but only a few can say they’re first-of-a-kind. If you think we here at Adorama are exaggerating when we say that the NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX is something of a first-of-its-kind, consider this: this fixed-focal-length lens offers fast aperture in a DX-format, giving photographers the range of options with the classic 50mm focal length. Have you ever encountered the creative possibilities offered by the Nikon 35mm lens well, we know we haven’t.
- Almost eye-realistic photographs. Let’s face it: as beautiful as your photography is, there are many occasions in which you look at a sunset and think “if only I can capture what I’m seeing right now.” Well, the Nikon 35mm might not be able to connect via Wi-Fi® to your brain, but it can offer a surprisingly eye-realistic level of photography. How? When mounted on a DX-format camera body, photographers can use this 50mm lens to create a picture angle that’s very similar to what you get out of your own eyes. Sure, no lens will ever offer that “eye-level” photography that might be going on in your own head, but it’s a step in the right direction.
- Convenience is an underrated quality in a lens like the Nikon 35mm. Yes, it’s capable of stunning imagery, but none of that really matters unless your lens is lightweight, compact, and affordable. If it’s none of those, then you’re simply not going to use it as often as you otherwise might. And that’s a shame, because it means many lenses out there don’t get enough use as they deserve. But with this Nikon lens, you’ll have no problem adding it to your portable photography repertoire. It’s easy to carry, easy to use, and lightweight enough to be comfortable on that next hike.
- Sharp, high-resolution images might seem like a foregone conclusion in a lens of the Nikon 35mm’s quality, but we at Adorama have to mention them nonetheless. And the quiet Silent Wave Motor ensures that you’ll have an autofocus operating “in the background” that offers a stunning amount of accuracy and consistency—not to mention raw speed.
- Small details, when overlooked, become a lens nightmare. Luckily, the Nikon 35mm offers a seven-blade aperture, eight well-designed elements in six groups, and one aspherical lens. The combined effort of all of these small details is one big lens that can handle a stunning variety of details, not giving itself over to smudging, lens flaring, or color aberrations. This means consistency of output, which justifies every penny of the investment you make.
- Color reproduction is essential when you want to capture every color in vivid detail: the NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX offers accurate color reproduction that looks just as good in the final photograph as it did in your imagination.
Add this lens to your own camera toolbox and you’ll never have to struggle with the creative side of photography again. You’ll be able to recreate images much like the photos you have in your head—only this time, the end-result will be accurate to your imagination. That’s what a high-quality lens can do for you.
From the Manufacturer
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens, is the first fixed focal length, fast-aperture DX-format lens that affords photographers superb image quality along with the creative possibilities and versatility of the classic 50mm focal length (FX-format equivalent of 52mm). When mounted on a DX-format camera body, it enables photographers to document their world with a lens that produces a picture angle similar to the field of vision as seen through the human eye. Whether new to D-SLRs or a seasoned enthusiast, users will appreciate the extreme low-light performance and the expanded ability to dramatically separate the subject and background with the new 35mm DX lens' wide f/1.8 aperture.
Lightweight, compact and affordable, this lens can easily become a fast favorite for any level of photographer, and is the perfect complement to D60 users who are just starting to learn D-SLR photography or enthusiasts who love their D90. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens is ideal for travel, general photography, landscape shooting, portraiture or pushing creative boundaries. The stunning sharpness, clarity and color reproduction are all proof positive of more than 75 years of NIKKOR heritage and experience in optics engineering.
This lens continues the tradition of NIKKOR precision optics to provide photographers with sharp, high-resolution images and the ability to focus as close as 0.98 feet, while the integration of an ultra-compact Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, whisper-quiet AF operation.
The 35mm DX lens construction consists of eight elements in six groups, with one aspherical lens to reduce size and weight, while contributing to the enhanced balance when mounted on a smaller DX-format D-SLR. A rounded diaphragm opening combined with the seven-blade aperture contributes to a substantially more circular bokeh for a more natural appearance of out-of-focus background elements. Additionally, instances of lens flare and chromatic aberration are suppressed using Nikon's exclusive Super Integrated Coatings, which also help ensure vividly accurate color balance.
The Nikon 35mm F/1.8 is commonly used for General purpose, Landscape/scenery, Landscape photography, Low light, Macro photography, Night photography, Portraits, Special effects, Sports/action, Street photography, Travel, Upgrade, Video, Weddings, Wildlife photos and more.The Nikon 35mm F/1.8 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Casual photographer, Enthusiast, Photo enthusiast, Photography student, Pro photographer, Semi-professional, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Nikon 35mm F/1.8 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Nikon 35mm F/1.8: Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Fast, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Good in low light, Inexpensive, Lightweight, Nice bokeh, Rugged, Sharp and Strong construction.