This Nikon 85mm F/1.8 Bundle comes with $35.95 worth of free accessories including a ProOptic Digital Essentials 67mm, and Shipping is free! . Bonus: No sales tax either, unless you live in New York or New Jersey. Test 1
Nikon 85mm 1.8G AF-S FX Nikkor Lens
Want a lens that works just as hard to capture every moment as you do? Meet the Nikon 85mm 1.8G AF-S FX Nikkor Lens, capable of auto-focusing and background blurring so as to achieve a crisp, clean image every single time.
- The Nikon 85mm provides quick, effective auto-focus, allowing you to handle live events and even video with a high degree of precision and confidence.
- Wide aperture settings allow the Nikon 85mm to offer a consistent background blur, creating a highly addictive effect.
- Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) allows for quiet autofocus so that your subjects don’t know just how much work the lens is doing—but don’t worry, we won’t tell.
A good lens can elevate an amateur photographer into a professional photographer, and a professional photographer into the stratosphere. The Nikon 85mm lens is one such lens.
Learn about the Nikon 85mm 1.8G AF-S FX Nikkor Lens
Ever wonder how professional photographers achieve a crisp, high-definition image whether they’re shooting the first dance at a wedding or, say, a bowl of fruit? The truth is, it’s all in the lens. And the quality and crispness of your photography and high-definition video is about to get a major upgrade if you decide to use the Nikon 85mm 1.8G AF-S FX Nikkor lens at your next gig.
But let’s talk specifics. How exactly does the Nikon 85mm achieve portrait-style shots at the blink of a shutter? It begins with Nikon’s Internal Focus (IF) system, which provides you with the ability to seamlessly move from shot to shot, recording all the while, without having to worry about the quality of your lens’ focus. And with a mounted, effective field of view at 127 mm, you know that you’ll have exactly what you need to capture every moment—whether it’s a still photograph or an HD video that needs to capture a special moment with minute after minute of effective focus and image integrity.
The Nikon 85mm 1.8G AF-S FX Nikkor Lens is more than just a lens, because it provides the focus quality you’ll need for a range of functions, including:
- Capture beautiful portraits, every time. Studio light? Natural light? It doesn’t really matter. The Nikon 85mm is a medium telephoto portrait lens, which means it will capture the attractiveness of your subject in the foreground with a subtle background blur. This is just as effective for spontaneous portraits at live events as it is with studio photographs and headshots.
- Achieve a stunning background blur—at will. Speaking of that background blur, this 85mm Nikkor lens provides blurred backgrounds with consistency and precision, allowing you to highlight your subject in every single photograph. How is this effect achieved? The AF-S Nikon f/1.8G will automatically resolve a background blur thanks to wide aperture settings—simply arm your lens and get ready to create soft, impressionistic backgrounds.
- Fast, effective results. The Nikon 85mm may be a professional-quality lens, but it’s amateur-friendly. This is thanks to a few features, including Nikon’s SWM (Silent Wave Motor) with quick, accurate autofocus and the SIC by Nikon (Super Integrating Coating) which enhances light transmission and offers effective and beautiful concentrations of colors. There’s more to photography than point-and-click, of course, but the Nikon 85mm 1.8g lens does a lot to make taking photos easier on the person behind the lens.
- Flexibility. Want to take a landscape shot in low light? Photograph a wedding, nailing every photograph? Take HD video of a sporting event? This lens can do it all, capturing the subject with stunning accuracy and precision, and blurring the background with consistency. The wide aperture allows for a natural field depth that looks professional and crisp even when taking live video.
- Subject isolation. Need a quick photograph of Aunt Beatrice at the wedding, but don’t want to make her wait? Effects like the wide aperture, consistent and accurate auto-focus, and depth of field allow you to quickly and easily isolate a subject, providing a crystal-clear photograph of your subject every time.
Armed with an 85 Nikon 1.8g used, brand new, or even a Nikon 85mm 1.8 refurbished, you’ll be able to take beautiful landscape, low light, night, and portrait shots. Shop with Adorama and you’ll also be well equipped for weddings, video, sports, and other live events. You can be a professional photograph with this lens in hand, but you won’t need to be, as the Nikon 85 mm F/1.8 is suited for casual photographers, semi-pro photographers, and professional photographers as well. Go to Adorama for your 85 1.8 Nikon today if you want to offer the same level of quality and consistency.
From the Manufacturer
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G
Nikon Fast, medium telephoto FX-format portrait lens offers crisp and natural image reproduction for stills and HD video
Designed for use on Nikon's FX-format D-SLR cameras, this updated medium telephoto f/1.8 lens is designed for shooting stills or HD video. The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8 features Nikon's Internal Focus (IF) system providing fast and quiet AF. Its fast aperture is ideal for taking stills or D-Movie HD video in low light or for portraiture where it excels in rendering softly focused backgrounds. When mounted on a DX-format D-SLR, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8 has an effective field of view of 127mm.
Flattering portraits in any lightGet astonishing low light results
This medium telephoto portrait lens is great for use in the studio, on set or for shooting in available light; producing stills or HD video of people with attractive skin tones and beautiful background blur. With its fast f/1.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
The beauty is in the detailsDesigned for digital with superior performance
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) assures fast, accurate and quiet autofocus as well as full compatibility including autofocus with Nikon's complete line up of FX- and DX-format cameras.
Beautiful background blurAchieve more natural depth of field
When you need to isolate the subject from the background, as when shooting portraits indoors or outdoors stills or HD video, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings.
The Nikon 85mm F/1.8 is commonly used for Landscape/scenery, Low light, Night photography, Portraits, Sports/action, Video, Weddings, Wildlife photos and more.The Nikon 85mm F/1.8 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Casual photographer, Photo enthusiast, Pro photographer, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Nikon 85mm F/1.8 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Nikon 85mm F/1.8: Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Nice bokeh, Rugged, Sharp and Strong construction.