AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E-II multiplies the effective focal length by 1.4x of select compatible NIKKOR lenses, offering an affordable and portable gateway to extend telephoto reach; ideal for sports shooting, wildlife, surveillance and more AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II NIKKOR Lens Compatibility
The following lenses may be used with the Nikon TC-14E II, some with noted functional limitations. NIKKOR lenses not listed cannot be used with the TC-14E II. The rear elements of NIKKOR lenses not listed can contact and damage the Teleconverter element and must not be attached! List includes current lenses along with lenses for which production may have ceased. Lenses that are no longer in production are shown only for your convenience as a compatibility reference!
• Prod # 2160 AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED - Autofocus not possible
• Prod.# 2150 AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod # 2186 AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II - No limitations
• Prod.# 2154 AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod # 1942 AF-I NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod.# 1909 AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod # 2171 AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR - No limitations
• Prod.# 2127 AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED II - No limitations
• Prod # 1949 AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod.# 1948 AF-I NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod # 2172 AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR - No limitations
• Prod.# 2131 AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED II - No limitations
• Prod # 1937 AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod.# 1941 AF-I NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod # 2173 AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR - No limitations
• Prod.# 2133 AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED II - No limitations
• Prod # 1952 AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod.# 1951 AF-I NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod # 2185 AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II - No limitations
• Prod.# 2139 AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod.# 1986 AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D IF-ED - No limitations
• Prod.# 2146 AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED - No limitations
For additional information about Nikon Teleconverter compatibility and/or functionality limitations, refer to the documentation packaged with the NIKKOR lens and/or Teleconverter, information provided in Nikon product brochures or call Nikon Technical Support, toll-free at 800-645-6689.
The Nikon TC-14E II is commonly used for Landscape/scenery, Sports/action, Wildlife, Wildlife photos and more.The Nikon TC-14E II is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Enthusiast, Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Nikon TC-14E II is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Nikon TC-14E II: Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Nice bokeh, Rugged and Strong construction
Most Liked Positive Review
A good addition to my lens collection.
I am an advanced amateur and I've been using this teleconverter on a Nikon D200 with a 70-200 f2.8 VR lens. I am not very experienced in using this kind of accessories, but the results are pretty impressive. Easy to use, it does pretty well what it's supposed to do. Maybe it's a little bit expensive, but the results are worth it. Recommended.
Most Liked Negative Review
Less than I expected
I had hoped that it would be my answer to a more expensive lens, but unfortunately I was very disappointed. Using this item with my 70-200 AF-S VR, caused un-natual color shifting, and I could not get my lens to focus properly. I use this primarily for aviation photography, and every shot was slightly off color and a bit fuzzy. Perhaps I just got a bad one; in either case, I won't use it again.
Reviewed by 60 customers
I use the Nikon TC 14E II attached to the Nikon 300mm f4D lens to extend focal length to 420mm on D810 camera and to 630mm on D7100 camera with a bright f5.6 with very very minimal lost in resolution. With this setup, it is lighter and as sharper if not sharper than the Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3 telephoto and can be handheld for extended period of time. Excellent for wildlife and bird in flight photo.
Used with 300mm f/4 AFS Nikkor, an excellent match. Very sharp. Losing one f/stop is worth the extension in focal length. Little if any image degradation.
Just what I wanted at a reduced price. Have the kenko 1.4x pro and this is far superior.
I was led to believe by the people at Adorama that this lens would work with my camera and lenses. I did not personally read the lens spec. (big mistake) As it turns out it will not work with any of my lenses. So I had to return this lens.
Adds 40% focal length to any compatible DX/FX lens. Adds one (1) full f/stop to exposures. Easy to use; mounts easily to lens; couples to camera same as any other lens. Small in overall size, stores easily in kit bag.
I am using the telecoverter with a Nikon 300mm lens. This extend the rand by 1.4. The clarity is wonderful and works with the Nikon metering system.
I recently bought this teleconverter and the 300mm AF-S lens. Took both out yesterday and was extremely pleased with the overall result! The combination worked flawlessly!
This is my 2nd 1.4 TC, since I lost the 1st one. It works great on my DX bodies, even better on my D600.
This TC works great on my 70-200 VR and my 300mm AF-S. I have not noticed any slow down of auto focus, and the quality is what you would expect from Nikon.
Paired with the 70-200 f/2.8 II, there's practically no loss of performance (sharpness, CA, etc), and only 1 EV change in speed. This is a great accessory.