This Pentax 20-40mm Bundle comes with $49.95 worth of free accessories including a New Leaf PLUS 3 Year Service Plan, . Bonus: No sales tax either, unless you live in New York or New Jersey. Test 1
• The first Limited Series zoom lens with focal length coverage from 30.5 to 61.5mm in the 35mm format, providing the most frequently used focal lengths for a variety of subjects settings and creative perspectives.
• Shoot discreetly with in-lens, direct current (DC) Auto Focus motor operation for smooth & quiet performance.
• Treated with state-of-the-art HD (High Definition) technology, a high grade, multi-layer coating, allowing the user to capture crisp, high-contrast images free of flare and ghosting, even under demanding lighting conditions.
• The ED (super low Dispersion) glass element in this lens's optics delivers clear, high resolution imagery with edge-to-edge sharpness, throughout the entire zoom range.
• With seven special seals to prevent intrusion of water, moisture and dust, this is the first lens of the Limited Lens series to feature the PENTAX-originalweather-resistant construction.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Bought this lens to replace my kit 18-55 WR lens when I'm hiking and other cases when I can carry only 1 lens and might need WR. The 20-40 is actually bigger in size than the 18-55 but not by much. I am mostly using it for landscapes. It has better contrast and colors than the 18-55 and might be sharper at the corners. I found I don't miss the extra range of 18-55. Overall, even if it produces better images the difference is not that big so I would not recommend this lens at the current price.
This lens doesn't get a fair chance. First, it's kind of a small zoom range. Second, it's got a variable aperture. And finally, it's been reviewed somewhat poorly by most photography sites. I ordered this thing fully intending to end up being unhappy with it, therefore returning it for a refund. I figured the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 might be a better fit for me anyways. But something odd happened after I received the lens... I fell in love with it. I own every Pentax Limited lens with the exception of the 35mm F2.8 Macro. My most-used lenses were the DA 21mm, FA 31mm and FA 43mm. And now I just leave this amazing lens on all the time instead. Sure, sometimes I miss having a larger aperture, but the bokeh of this lens at 40mm and F4 is amazingly smooth. Auto focus is more accurate than with any of my other lenses, even in near-pitch black. Plus, it's the first weather resistant Pentax Limited! If you've been considering this lens, and the existing "in-depth" reviews have been keeping you wondering, my advice is to ignore those reviews and try this gem out for yourself. You'll be very pleasantly surprised.