The Sigma Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM is a high performance macro lens designed for full frame cameras but may also be used with smaller APS-C size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 225mm with most cameras. This highly optimized lens has an ideal focal length and is equipped with Sigma technology including an Optical Stabilizer (OS), Hyper SonicMotor (HSM) and Super Multi-Layer Coating. The HSM ensures accurate, quiet, high speed autofocusing while the OS compensates for camera shake. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. The 150mm F2.8 macro focuses down to 1:1 magnification ratio at its minimum focusing distance of 15 inches. The focal length for this lens can be increased due to its compatibility with Sigma APO Tele Converters.
• Large aperture macro lens
• Optical stabilization compensates for camera shake
• Carrying Case, lens hood, front & rear caps
* Nikon mounts do not have an aperture ring. Some functions may not work depending on the camera model. This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1v.
* When using the OS function of a lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
* When using the APS-C Hood Adapter HA780-01 with digital cameras with larger than APS-C size image sensor, vignetting will occur. Please remove the hood adapter if you are using these cameras.
The Sigma 150mm F/2.8 is commonly used for Macro photography and more.The Sigma 150mm F/2.8 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Sigma 150mm F/2.8: Consistent output and Strong construction