Sekonic LITEMASTER PRO L-478D Light Meter
What's Included With This Item:
- Sekonic Light Meter
- Soft Case
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Start-Up Guide
- CD-ROM (Operating Manual and Data Transfer Software)
- Sekonic 3 Year Warranty
More than an exciting new Sekonic Meter,the Sekonic LITEMASTER PRO L-478DR/D it's a rebirth of the story of light measurement. Sekonic's new LITEMASTER PRO L-478-Series meters are the world's first touch-screen-operated light meters and have unique, must-have features for both still and motion story tellers. Their compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
L-478D for Still Photographers
• Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode.
Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
• DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera. Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
L-478D for Filmmakers
• Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
• Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
• Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
• Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
The Sekonic L-478D is commonly used for Portraits and more.
|Light Receptor||Incident Light: Lumisphere convertible to flat diffuser (with retracted lumisphere)
Reflected Light: 5-degree spot metering with optional viewfinder
|Measuring Mode Ambient Light||Ambient Light: Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, TF priority, CINE, HD Cine, Illuminance(lx/fc), Luminance(cdm2/fl)
Flash Light: Cord (PC), Cordless, Radio triggering (L-478DR only) (with/without multiple cumulative)
|Measuring range (ISO100)||Ambient light: Incident light - EV-2 to EV22.9 / Reflected light - EV3.0 to EV19.9
Illuminance: 0.63 to 2,000,000 lx 0.1 to 180,000 fc
Luminance: 1.0 to 980,000 cd/m2 0.29 to 290,000 fl
Flash light: Incident light - F1.0 to F128.9 / Reflected light: F2.8 to F128.9
|ISO Display Range||ISO 3 to 409,600 (in 1/3 steps)|
|Shutter Speed Display Range||Ambient light: 30 min. to 1/64,000 sec. plus 1/200, 1/400 sec (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 steps)
Flash light: 30 min. to 1/1000 sec plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400 (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 steps)
|Display Range||Aperture: F0.5 to F161.2 (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 steps)
Frame rate: 1 to 1000 f/s, plus user created settings: 20 entries
Shutter angle: 1° to 358°, plus user created settings: 20 entries
EV value: EV-27.9 to EV55.8 (with Incident light reading of ambient light)
|Other Functions||Exposure profile
Mid Tone function
Flash analyzing function
Multiple cumulative function
Average function, Contrast function
Custom setting function
Auto power OFF function
Touch panel lock function
Frame rate/Shutter angle edit function
Battery power indicator
|Battery Used||AAA batteries 1.5Vx2 (alkaline, manganese, lithium, nickel hydride, or nickel based)|
|Operating Temperature Range||14 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C|
|Dimensions WxHxD||2.2 x 5.1 x 1" (57 x 140 x 26mm) excluding protrusions|
|Weight||5 oz (140g)|