The ECM678 mic is designed to meet an array of live location and studio production needs. The compact, 9.9-inch ECM-678 will work with most professional cameras and camcorders, including the Sony DSR Series of DVCAM camcorders, the PDW-510 and PDW-530 camcorders of the XDCAM Professional Disc System, and Sony's recently-announced professional HDV camcorder.
Videographers can count on the ECM-678 for high performance and durability underthe most demanding conditions. A newly developed capsule and built-in low-cut switch helps to reduce pop and wind noises for optimum voice pick-up. This provides the ECM-678 with a highly directional response and makes it particularly effective for voicepick-up in noisy environments.
The microphone comes with a range of accessories including a windscreen, holder, spacer and carrying case. Other features of the ECM-678 include:
• Sound Quality: Equipped with a newly developed microphone capsule, the ECM-678 delivers sensitivity of -28 dB (decibels) and extremely low inherent noise of less than 16 dB SPL;
• Flat-and-Wide Frequency Response: 40 Hz (hertz) to 20 kHz (kilohertz) provides smooth, natural sound reproduction;
• Compact Design: With a highly directional microphone only 250 mm (9.9 inches) long, the ECM-678 balances a compact size with the ability to deliver solid performance;
• Low Cut Filter: Built-in two-position (M, V) low-cut switch allows effortless reduction of ambient noise;
• High Durability and Reliability: Vibration-resistant mechanism offers durabilityand reliability, suitable for the most demanding shooting/recording conditions.