Infrared Blocking Filters
Tiffen 4x5.65" Infrared (IR) Neutral Density ND 1.8 (6-Stop) Hot Mirror Filter
SKU: TFHMIND18456 MFR: W4565HMIRND18
Usually ships in 7-10 Business Days.
Your card will only be charged once item ships.
Need help? Call 800-223-2500 / 212-741-0052
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Infrared (IR) Neutral Density ND 1.8 (6-Stop) Hot Mirror Filter is a critical factor in digital photography. The color shift is directly affected by the infrared spectrum. Specifically, in high definition photography, the sensitivity of imaging sensors to IR has become a challenge. This is particularly evident when using standard neutral density filters that absorb visible light but pass infrared.
- The Tiffen IR ND Filter is produced using Water White glass
- As with all Tiffen filters, IR ND filter is ground and polished to provide the greatest level of flatness and parallelism. This, together with their exclusive ColorCore technology, ensures the highest level of optical quality
- Tiffen filter is manufactured using ColorCore technology, closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of this filter and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filter for that multimillion-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
||Hot Mirror IR Neutral Density
||4 x 5.65" (10.16 x 14.35 cm)
||4mm / 0.15"
||Reflects infrared light from digital still cameras
||Water White Glass