•The Tamron high-power All-in-One zoom lens is designed for the Canon EOS M Series Mirrorless Camera. Tamron, the zoom lens pioneer, brings 19 years of high-power zoom lens development technologies to this product.
• With the 18-200mm Di III VC (Model B011), Tamron has created a high-power all-in-1 zoom lens that is compact and lightweight, featuring a 62mm filter and weighing only 16.2 oz., while at the same time delivering superlative image quality.
• This compact size lets users easily shoot across an extended range, from wide-angle to full telephoto, with just one lens. The focal length coverage is 18-200mm. Converted to the coverage of the 35mm format, this is equivalent to a range of 27mm wide-angle up to 300mm full telephoto.
• This allows the user to easily take wideangle shots of expansive landscapes and powerful telephoto images that enlarge the details of distant subjects-all with 1 lens. In addition, by setting the lens at the telephoto end (200mm) and moving in to the minimum focus distance of 19.6", flower petals, jewelry and other small objects can be shot as expanded close-ups.
• Compact and lightweight: The high-power 18-200mm All-in-One lens is a lightweight and compact zoom weighing 16.2 oz. with a 62mm filter.
• Built-in stabilization enables easyha nd held shooting from 18mm wide angle to 200mm full telephoto Equipped with Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation),and thanks to its light weight and compact size, this lens allows easy handheld shooting of sharp images with no camera shake over a wide range of settings, from everyday snapshots to memorable travel scenes.
• Stepping motor adopted for the AF drive, a construction that accommodates contrast-detection AF and shooting video: The AF drive has a stepping motor that is optimal for the Contrast-detection AF system employed by NEX series cameras. This also gives the drive a quieter operation, which is ideal for shooting video in which voices are recorded. In addition, ease of operation is enhanced with the Direct Manual Focus (DMF) function, which allows the user to make fine manual adjustments after initially focusing by AF.
• Striking appearance worthy of the NEX series design: The metallic lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver. The B011's autofocus mechanism uses a stepping motor that is an ideal match for the Contrast-detection AF system used in Sony's NEX series cameras. The steppingmotor's actuator allows finely tuned control of angular rotation, and since it drives the focusing mechanism directly without an intermediate reduction gear, it also provides superbly quiet performance.
• Tamron's VC mechanism employs a three-coil system, whereby three driving coils activate the shake-compensating VC lens group electromagnetically via three steel balls. The VC lens elements are held in place only by contact with the steel balls, achieving smooth movement with little friction. This provides a stable viewfinder image with excellent tracking performance that eliminates the blur from handheld shots for cleaner, crisper shots.
• Tamron's conventional VC (Vibration Compensation) unit has a moving magnet system with heavy magnets in the vibration-compensating lens. However, the new VC mechanism adopts a lightweight moving coil system that reduces the load on the drive system. This allows the drive to be operated with smaller coils and magnets, reducing the weight and size for the entire VC unit. In addition, improvements to software and other elements of the VC mechanism used in the 18-200mm Di III VC have made the mechanism even quieter.
Reviewed by 1 customers
I bought this hoping to replace my canon 70-200 f/4L lens. Great for my wife and as an all around lens but if you expect great telephoto pictures don't waste time on this lens. Simply not sharp and very poor results. Thank you Adorama for your return policy