• One look at the GY-HD100U reveals the obvious: this is not a 'prosumer' camcorder, nor is it a derivative of a consumer model. Controls and switches are laid out in the same manner as on higher end production cameras. Because of extensive customization capabilities there are menus, but critical performance controls are right at your fingertips where you expect them. Deep inside the GY-HD100U is a truly advanced progressive camera that sets a new benchmark in the industry.
• 24 frames per second progressive acquisition produces recorded images that have a more polished, film-like appearance than typical interlaced video cameras. That's why virtually all high end digital cinematography cameras utilize the 24P system. The GY-HD100U uses three newly developed 1/3-inch native high definition CCDs that produce a more refined HD look without scaling. Since the native 24 frame material is recorded to tape, it is possible to transfer the recordings to film without frame rate conversion. Time code is recorded in the 24P mode, so recordings made with the GY-HD100U can be edited with film based and high end digital systems with ease.
• The GY-HD100U includes a standard detachable 16x Servo Fujinon ProHD lens. Operation is the same as with all professional lenses, with mechanical control of focus, zoom and iris functions. The built-in servo zoom and iris functions can also be used if desired. Other available lens options include a 13x (3.5mm) wide zoom HD lens, a wide-angle converter for the standard 16x lens, and an adapter allowing ½-inch lenses to be used on the camera. JVC offers rear tripod mounted focus and zoom controls for the standard lenses. Prime lenses can also be used with a 3rd party adapter.
• Creating a true cinema to graphic look involves more than just recording at 24 frames per second. The camera's gamma, detail and black levels can be adjusted to the user's preference. When combined with the correct lens filters and lighting techniques, film like performance can be obtained that's tailored to the mood of the scene. There is even a skin tone detection feature that automatically reduces the amount of enhancement in facial areas so that your subjects will not have a wrinkled, television-like appearance. All custom settings can be stored on an inexpensive SD memory card and transferred to another camera if desired.
• The first fully professional HD camcorder to feature a shoulder-type mount with a compact body, the GR-HD100U offers excellent mobility and enhanced usability. The exclusive shoulder-type mount assures ease of handling for anyone, regardless of physical strength. The shoulder pad and earphone position can be moved to fit to the cameraperson's head for a more stable shooting position.
|Power requirements:||DC 7.2 V|
|Power consumption:||Approx.17 W (in the Record mode)|
|Image pickup device:||1/3" interline-transfer CCDs|
|Color separation||optical system:F1.4,3-color separation prism|
|Number of total pixels:||Approx.1,110,000 pixels|
|Color bars:||SMPTE type|
|Sync system:||Internal sync (built-in SSG)|
|Lens mount:||1/3" bayonet system|
|Electronic shutter||Standard value:59.94 Hz
Fixed values:7.5 - 10,000 Hz,11 steps (HDV HD30p/HDV SD60p/DV 60i mode)
6 - 10,000 Hz,12 steps (HDV HD24p/ DV 24p mode)
Variable scan:60.2 to 1,998.0 Hz (HDV HD30p/HDV SD60p/DV 60i mode)
, 48.12 to 1,998.0 Hz (HDV 24p/DV 24p mode)
|Video Format [HDV]:||HDV720p format,8-bit,19.7 Mbps MPEG-2 video (profile & level:MP@H-14)|
|[DV]Video signal recording formt Comprs:||DV format,8-bit,25 Mbps DV compression,4:1:1|
|[HDV]Audio signal recording format:||MPEG1 Audio Layer II|
|[DV]Audio signal recording format:||16-bit (locked audio),48 kHz PCM for 2 channels or 12-bit,32 kHz PCM for 4 channels|
|Usable tape:||Mini DV tape|
|Tape speed:||18.8 mm/sec.|
|Record/play time:||63 minutes (with an M-DV63PROHD tape)|
|Analog composite output:||1.0 V (p-p),75 ohms,unbalanced (RCA|
|Analog component output:||Y:1.0 V (p-p),75 ohms,unbalanced (RCA)
PB/PR:0.7 V (p-p),75 ohms,unbalanced (RCA)
PB/PR:0.7 V (p-p),75 ohms,unbalanced (RCA)
|Audio inputs||Mic:-60 dBs,3 kohms,balanced (XLR),+48 V output for phantom power supply Line:+4 dBs,10 kohms,balanced (XLR)|
|Audio outputs:||-6 dBs,low impedance,unbalanced (stereo mini-jack) -17 dBs to -60 dBs,8-ohm impedance (stereo mini-jack x2) Earphone jack|
|Dimensions:||9-1/4" (W) x 9-1/8" (H) x 12-3/8" (D)/235 (W) x 232 (H) x 315 (D) mm|
|Weight:||6.9 lbs./3.1 kg. (including lens (Th16x5.5BRMU),viewfinder,battery,microphone and tape|
|Temperature||Operating:32°F to 104°F/0°C to 40°C Storage:-4F° to 140°F/-20°C to 60°C|
|Humidity||Operating:30% to 80% RH Storage:85% RH or less|