Sony ECM678 Short Shotgun Type Wired Electret Condenser Microphone
What's Included With This Item:
- XLR Cable
The ECM678 mic is designed to meet an array of live location and studio production needs. The compact, 9.9-inch ECM-678 will work with most professional cameras and camcorders, including the Sony DSR Series of DVCAM camcorders, the PDW-510 and PDW-530 camcorders of the XDCAM Professional Disc System, and Sony's recently-announced professional HDV camcorder.
Videographers can count on the ECM-678 for high performance and durability underthe most demanding conditions. A newly developed capsule and built-in low-cut switch helps to reduce pop and wind noises for optimum voice pick-up. This provides the ECM-678 with a highly directional response and makes it particularly effective for voicepick-up in noisy environments.
The microphone comes with a range of accessories including a windscreen, holder, spacer and carrying case. Other features of the ECM-678 include:
• Sound Quality: Equipped with a newly developed microphone capsule, the ECM-678 delivers sensitivity of -28 dB (decibels) and extremely low inherent noise of less than 16 dB SPL;
• Flat-and-Wide Frequency Response: 40 Hz (hertz) to 20 kHz (kilohertz) provides smooth, natural sound reproduction;
• Compact Design: With a highly directional microphone only 250 mm (9.9 inches) long, the ECM-678 balances a compact size with the ability to deliver solid performance;
• Low Cut Filter: Built-in two-position (M, V) low-cut switch allows effortless reduction of ambient noise;
• High Durability and Reliability: Vibration-resistant mechanism offers durabilityand reliability, suitable for the most demanding shooting/recording conditions.
|Directivity/Polar Patterns||Uni-Directional (Super Cardioid)|
|Frequency Response||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||111 dB or more|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||78 dB or more (IEC179 A-weighted, 1 kHz, 1Pa.)|
|Max Input/Sound Pressure Level||127 dB SPL*2|
|Output Impedance||At 1kHz: 200 (ohms) +-20%,|
|Effective output level at 1kHz||impedence: 200 ohms +-20%|
|Inherent noise||16 dB SPL or less (O, dB =20u Pa)|
|Wind noise||60 dB SPL or less (O, dB =20u Pa)|
|Sensitivity||-28 dB ± 3.0 dB (o dB=1 V'Pa at 1 kHz)|
|Power Requirements||External: DC 40 to 52v.|
|Dimensions||13/16" Diameter x 9 7/8" Length|
|Weight||7 oz. (200 g)|