Epson has introduced the Epson EX31, EX51 and EX71 multimedia projectors designed to provide convenience, advanced features, and reliability at an affordable price.
LONG BEACH, Calif., Oct. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today introduced the Epson EX31, EX51 and EX71 multimedia projectors designed to provide entrepreneurs and businesses with convenience, advanced features and reliability at an affordable price. The Epson EX31, EX51 and EX71 offer added features and affordability over their predecessors, the EX30, EX50 and EX70 respectively, including a 30 percent decrease in size and 20 percent decrease in weight, and increased brightness with 2,500 lumens color light output and 2500 lumens white light output(2).
"With the introduction of these latest Epson EX projectors, we have taken our successful line of small business projectors and made them better, with added features that offer more bang for the continually shrinking business buck," said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. "To meet a range of small business needs, the EX projectors offer a variety of features and price points with the ultimate ease of use in mind, making it simple for small businesses and mobile professionals to choose the projector that works best for them."
Available at leading retail outlets such as Best Buy, OfficeMax, Staples, and Amazon.com, the Epson EX31 ($549*), EX51 ($649*) and EX71 ($749*) offer Epson's latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology for vibrant, true-to-life images and easy to use performance features, including USB Plug 'n Play connectivity that instantly displays images and audio on both the projector and computer screen by simply connecting a USB cable. The EX31 offers power and versatility with a host of convenient features and SVGA resolution. The EX51 is a step up from the EX31, offering sharper images with XGA resolution and all digital HDMI connectivity for high-definition video and audio through just one cable. The Epson EX71 offers all the features of EX51 plus widescreen WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio), enabling delivery of the full features of widescreen notebooks, as well as amazing HD content at work, on the go, or at home.
More about the EX-Series
- The Epson EX31, EX51 and EX71 offer several advanced performance, portability and convenience features for entrepreneurs, small businesses and mobile professionals, including:
- USB Plug 'n Play instant setup: Epson's proprietary technology instantly projects images from a Windows® PC via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- 3LCD Technology: Epson EX projectors feature the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(3)
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours(4) in economy mode, and replacement E-TORL lamps can cost up to $100 less than competing replacement lamps.
- PC-Free Presentations: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing jpeg pictures without a computer (EX51 and EX71 only)
- Instant On/Off®: Enables presenters to be up and running in only six seconds between pressing the "Power" button and the appearance of the start-up screen; powers down in four seconds enabling presenters to unplug and pack up immediately and safely without a cool-down period
Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: Weighing in at 5.1 pounds, all three EX-series units include a soft carrying case and remote control for ease of use when on the road
- A/V Mute Slide/Sleep Mode: Instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy; the projector enters A/V Mute mode when the lens cover is closed and returns to normal mode automatically and immediately upon reopening the lens cover
- Flexible Positioning: Automatic keystone correction and 1.2x optical zoom offers greater positioning flexibility and for projecting a clear image from both short and long throw distances (EX51 and EX71 only)
Availability and Support
The Epson EX-series will be available in October 2009 through retailers. Epson's EX projectors come with a one-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services -- Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a one-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange shipped to the customer within two business days. For additional information about the new Epson EX-series projectors, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation and a leading provider of digital imaging products that exceed the vision of its customers. The company's extensive range of printers, scanners and 3 LCD projectors are renowned for their superior quality, functionality, compactness, and energy efficiency. The Seiko Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and was recently added to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Note: Epson and E-TORL are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite is a registered trademark of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
*All prices are estimated street price
(1) Based upon Q2 2009 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(2) Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
(3) Source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan 2009. Average of 796 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in six different lumens categories. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six categories.
(4) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.