Leica announced a significant firmware update to its posh compact, the D-Lux 4, that includes white balance bracketing, faster autofocus, and "Hight Dynamic" scene mode.
Improvements in firmware version 2.2 are:
1. Improved auto white balance performance.
2. Auto Focus speed-up.
3. Recording function with an aspect ratio of 1:1 has been added.
4. A white balance (WB) bracket function has been added.
5. [HIGH DYNAMIC] has been added to scene mode.
6. [LENS RESUME] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.
7. [MENU RESUME] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.
8. Exposure compensation & auto bracket compensation can be set up to ±3EV.
9. Position of the guide line can now be set.
10. It is now possible to display the highlights in playback mode.
11. It is now possible to record the user's name in the picture.
12. Digital red-eye removal has been modified.
13. Items saved in the custom set have changed.
14. Improved auto white balance performance in sunset mode.
15. Improved recovery operation from unremoved lens cap.
16. Improved operation of MF ASSIST/AF area selection.
17. Improved display of Manual Exposure Assistance.
Download the firmware update.