- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Digital Photography 1 on 1
This week is the first episode in a four-part series about metering. In this episode, Mark will explain how your camera meters light and uses that to make a correct exposure. In the coming weeks, he will also go over exposure compensation, using a light meter and some advanced light metering tricks - so stay tuned!
In this video, you'll learn about ETTL metering, spot, partial, center-weighted, average, and matrix/evaluative metering. You'll find out the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Nikon D90: Weighted Average Metering
Nikon D90: Pattern Metering
Nikon D90: Spot Metering
Canon EOS 5D Mark II: Partial Metering
Canon EOS 5D Mark II: Pattern Metering
Canon EOS 5D Mark II: Spot Metering
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV: Partial Metering
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV: Center-Weighted Average Metering
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV: Pattern Metering
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV: Spot Metering
Learn more at the Adorama Learning Center
- How do metering patterns work?
- Do you know your DSLR’s exposure modes?
- Metering for the "correct" exposure
- Metering for the Brightest Object
- Metering for the Darkest Object In A Photo
- Metering for Brightness Range
- Exposure — Adorama Photography TV