Adorama is offering a ground-floor opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, web-savvy writer who is familiar with photographic equipent to contribute to the production of the Adorama Learning Center, groundbreaking online photo magazine and resource.
Initial responsibilities will focus on going through our existing inventory of hundreds of photography-related articles and product reviews, and adding important new information to the related database for each article, using our online, browser-based administration system.
Upon completion of this project, ongoing responsibilities will include maintaining and updating product buying guides, preparing images related to articles for web use, and adding relevant links and tags to new articles during the production process. You may also be called upon to write product reviews or photography how-to articles.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Knowledgeable about DSLRs, lenses, flash, tripods and other photographic equipment
- Able to work on web-based administrative tools
- Very detail-oriented and have consistent follow-through on all projects
- Have full-time access to a computer and high-speed Internet
- Familiar with (and have access to) Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements for basic image editing (resizing and, color correction)
Links to relevant blog posts would be helpful; candidates should be prepared to take a brief test to demonstrate photographic knowledge. Work references may be requested.
This is a full-time freelance assignment with the possiblity/opportunity for long-term, permanent employment. Pay will be based on experience.
We are looking for individuals who will be available to start by May 12. This can be a work-at-home position.
Please email resume and any relevant links to email@example.com.