Share your photographic New Year's Resolution on Twitter and you could win a Canon Rebel T3i or T2i DSLR.
Come holiday time, every year people make resolutions they try to keep...and keep as long as they can. Well, the folks here at Adorama and Canon have come up with a solution to your resolution: a contest!
You can win a Canon Rebel T3i or T2i DSLR camera from Adorama, insuring that even if you don't keep your New Year's resolutions, you'll still get brilliant resolution in your digital photos.
How do you do it? Simple: Just tweet Adorama a picture of something that represents your New Year's resolution, with the hashtag #CanonResolution.
Winners will be chosen January 15th.
Read on for the full Terms and Conditions:
ADORAMA & CANON “SOLUTION TO YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION” PHOTO GIVEAWAY/CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. CONTEST PERIOD/DESCRIPTION: The “Adorama & Canon Resolution Contest” starts on December 30, 2011 at 6:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM ET ("Contest Period"). Entry into the Contest is only through www.twitter.com. During the Contest Period, entrants are asked to tweet a photograph to “@Adorama” (in accordance with the entry process described below), using the hashtag #CanonResolution, that best represents the New Year’s resolution they are making and hope to keep. A panel of judges, including Adorama Photo Consultants, will then select one winner based on the judging criteria described below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to persons who are 18 years or older at time of entry and are a legal U.S. resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Entry via Twitter and Twitter account is required. Employees (and their immediate families) of Adorama or Canon Inc. (“Sponsor,” “Sponsors”) or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, prize contributors or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, (b) release and hold harmless the Released Entities (as defined below) against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest and does not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
3.HOW TO ENTER: To enter (during the Contest Period), potential contestants should: (i) visit www.twitter.com and log on to his or her account [Note: If you do not have a Twitter account you may register for one for free by clicking on the “Sign Up” button and following the on-screen instructions to complete the registration]; (ii) after logging on to your account, if you are not already a follower of the Adorama Twitter page, you should visit it at http://twitter.com/adorama, and become a follower by clicking on the “FOLLOW” button [Note: There is no charge to become a follower of Sponsor and becoming a follower of Sponsor is solely for the purpose of facilitating eligibility verification and prize fulfillment and may be discontinued following the process]; and (iii) after uploading your photo (that best represents the New Year’s resolution you are making and hope to keep, you should then, using Twitter’s “Tweet” function, send a tweet message to “@adorama” (i.e., Sponsor’s Twitter account) containing your photograph and the hashtag “#CanonResolution” (the “Entry” or “Entries”). All entries must be received by 12:00 PM ET, on January 15, 2012. All entrants should be aware that certain third party image-uploading software or services may be needed in order to submit an Entry as described above. Such software or services may be available on the Internet free of charge at website such as http:/twitpic.com. Entries will not be accepted by any means other than Twitter. Limit is one entry per person/Twitter account per day during the Contest Period. In order to be eligible, all Entries must comply with these Official Rules and requirements stated herein and Twitter's Terms as stated at http://twitter.com/tos. If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Entry must (i) be entrant’s own original work, (ii) cannot be previously published or submitted in connection with any other Contest, (iii) be in keeping with the Sponsors’ image, and (iv) be in good taste, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, any content that:
· is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
· promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
· is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
· appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
· defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsors, their products or services, or other people or companies;
· contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
· contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
· contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
· contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
· communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
· violates any law.
If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsors in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. Sponsors reserve the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsors from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Entry that they determine, in their sole discretion, does not in comply with these Official Rules, and may, at their sole discretion and without notice to entrant, remove the posting of the Entry at any time.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.adorama.com or other Sponsor websites (including, but not limited to, its Twitter account or Fan Page on Facebook). Entrant agrees that the Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. The Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may take down any Entry in its discretion at any time. Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsors in each instance.
5.WINNER SELECTION/JUDGING: On or around January 15, 2012, all eligible Entries received during Contest Period by Sponsors will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsors, including NAMES HERE (the “Judges”) who will select one winner (the “Winner”). The Judges will judge the Entries based equally on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, originality, creativity, humor and the best articulation of the overall theme of the Contest. The final determination of the Winner and the application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the winner based on the criteria listed herein. Sponsors reserve the right not to award the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. All judging assessments will be strictly confidential. No information regarding Entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed. Judges’ and Sponsors’ decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The awarding of the Prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. PRIZE: Winner will be awarded a Canon EOS Rebel T3i or T2i digital SLR with 18-55mm "kit" lens. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $2,000.00. Actual value of Prize may vary. If Winner does not claim Prize within a period specified by Sponsors, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. All Prize details are determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If any portion of any Prize is cancelled for any reason, Sponsors will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, the remainder of the applicable Prize will be awarded and Sponsors will have no further obligation to the Winner. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Sponsors are responsible only for prize delivery and shall not be responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Other restrictions may apply. All prize details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Winner will be notified on or around January 15, 2012, via the direct message feature on Twitter for the user account that posted the Entry. The potential Winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsors, which must be returned within three days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsors to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up for the prize at issue. It is your responsibility to timely set your account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check your account for such messages. If any potential winner is at least 18 but still considered an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
8. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an Entry, each entrant grants Sponsors non-exclusive rights to the Entry submitted, and that the Sponsors and their designees may edit, modify, and distribute the Entry and all elements of such Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, for uses related to the contest. The entrants retain all other rights to their submitted photographs.
9.GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsors and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsors, Adorama, Canon Inc., and Twitter, Inc. and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; (c) to indemnify and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of entrant’s Entry, the uploading, posting, displaying or exhibiting of the Entry, or entrant’s conduct in creating the Entry or other actions in connection with this Contest including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy or defamation; and (d) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsors and their designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsors, which they may withhold in their sole discretion.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, inaudible, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the digitization and posting of any Entry, the announcement of the Prize, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of a website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsors, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsors, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential Winner for the Prize at issue from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received for the Prize prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (WHICH IS A PART OF THIS CONTEST) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners (available after January 15, 2012), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Solution to Your New Year’s Resolution Photo Contest Winners, 11 Penn Plaza, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001, for receipt no later than February 20, 2012.
11. SPONSORS: Adorama Camera, 42 West 18th St., New York, NY 10011; Canon Inc., One Canon Plaza, Lake Success, NY 11042.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PLEASE CONTACT SPONSORS AND NOT TWITTER.