Sanho, known for its Hyper line of portable mass digital storage devices, announced CloudFTP, a pocket-sized adapter that gives any USB device wireless abilities.
The Sanho CloudFTP enables wireless transfer of movies, music, photos and other files to any Wi-Fi enabled device from any device with USB connectivity, such as digital cameras. It lets users transfer files to and from iPads, iPhones and the Cloud. It can also back up data on popular online Cloud storage services such as iCloud, Dropbox and Box.net.
- Streams movies or music from USB devices to iPads and iPhones (up to 3 different movies on 3 different iPads at the same time).
- Browses pictures stored on digital cameras and memory cards on iPads and iPhones. Users can choose to save the pictures on iPad/iPhone and upload to Facebook.
- Opens files (PDF, Microsoft Office documents, iWork documents, photos, audio, and videos) stored on the USB device with any iPad/iPhone application.
- Transfers files between iPad/iPhone and USB devices.
- Backs up and syncs data on USB devices with online Cloud storage services (including iCloud, Dropbox, and Box.net) by automatically connecting to the Internet in infrastructure WiFi mode.
- USB port connects to any USB mass storage device (USB hard drives, USB flash drives, USB memory card readers, digital cameras, etc.).
- 5 hours battery life with Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries powers USB port and devices.
- High performance, low power consumption ARM9 microprocessor.
- USB data can be shared over a WiFi Network: secure wireless IEEE 802.11b/g/n.
- Creates its own wireless network to share and stream media for up to 3 WiFi-enabled devices (iPad, iPhone, & computer, etc.) at the same time.
- Able to join an existing WiFi network to share files with other devices on the same network.
- Dimensions: 2.95" x 2.28" x 0.87" / 75 x 58 x 22mm and weight: 3.8oz / 109g.
The Sanho CloudFTP will be available in February for $99.95.