- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Digital Photography One on One
A hidden light meter in your flash? Use Canon Speedlites on Nikon DSLRs and Nikon Speedlights on Canon DSLRs? What's going on here?
This week's episode is the second part our two-part series on building a light stick and making flash on location. In this episode, Mark shows you how to activate the built-in light meter in your speedlight for use on a lightstick. This technique allows you to use any brand flash with any brand camera, so you can use Nikon Speedlights on Canon DSLRs or Canon Speedlites on Nikon DSLRs!
- Induro AM14 Alloy 8M AM-Series 4-Section Monopod, Extends to 57.6", Supports 17.6 lbs.
- Benro A48F Classic Monopod - Aluminum Flip Lock Leg
- Lastolite 24" x 24" Ezybox Hot Shoe Softbox Kit with Mark II Bracket
- PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver Radio Slave for Nikon i-TTL
- PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver for Canon DSLR
- Pocket-Wizard Plus II Auto Sensing Smart Transceiver
- PocketWizard MiniTT1 Transmitter for Canon DSLR
- PocketWizard MiniTT1 Radio Slave Transmitter for Nikon i-TTL
- PocketWizard Locking PC to Miniphone
- Adorama Stud Adapter Set " Female & Male 1/4X & 3/8" Stud
- Interfit Photographic Umbrella Holder with Hotshoe Adapter
- Quantum Turbo SC Slim Compact Battery Power Pack
- Quantum Cable CK-E2 for Turbo Battery
- Quantum Cable CZ2 Canon Cable for Turbo Battery
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II
- Nikon SB-910 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
Learn more at the Adorama Learning Center:
- Light Stick and Speedlights Part 1—AdoramaTV
- 16 flash terms you should know
- Flash Modifiers — Adorama Photography TV
- On Location Flash Setup: AdoramaTV
Connect with Mark Wallace on Facebook or Twitter, or visit the AdoramaTV channel on YouTube.