- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Digital Photography 1 on 1
Learn how to build a temporary portrait studio in the middle of a parking lot!
In this episode Mark Wallace shows you how to build a high key lighting setup in a parking lot. Mark uses foam core panels and light stands to create shade and control the light. A white background is illuminated by the sun to create a Richard Avedon style photograph for a portable portrait studio. This can be done with or without an on-camera flash.
- California Sunbounce Sandbag, Holds 33 lbs. (15 kg)
- Adorama Gaffer Tape 60 Yards x 1"- White
- Adorama Gaffer Tape 30 Yards x 2"- Black
- Savage 13' Four-Section Heavy Duty Air-Cushioned Light Stand, 4 Section with 3 Risers, Black
- Manfrotto 1004BAC 144" Air Cushioned Aluminum Master Light Stand with 4 Sections & 3 Risers, Black
Learn more at the Adorama Learning Center:
- Buying guide: Studio backdrops
- Picture-taking techniques - Outdoor portraits in the sun
- Picture-taking techniques: Outdoor portraits, Part II
- Small Studio Flash Tips—AdoramaTV
Connect with Mark Wallace on Facebook or Twitter, or visit the AdoramaTV channel on YouTube.