- Product Reviews
- Gear Guides
- Tip and Tutorials
- Adorama TV
Photo on the Go—AdoramaTV
Adorama Photography TV Presents Photo on the Go with Joe McNally. Join Joe in Hong Kong as he explains how to test the line of sight with a built-in camera flash and a SB-900 flash.
Watch as Joe McNally tests the strength of his DSLR's built-in flash to get the line of sight TTR transmission, and then uses his SB-900 as a commander in order to "talk" to the flash on his subject in this videom made exclusively for AdoramaTV.
It is important to use a TTR transmission when taking photographs of a subject that has a large depth of field. By using this technique, you can stack the background lighting and color in close to your subject in order to achieve the photo you need. The TTR transmission will make it easier for you to capture your subject from a distance.
Related Products Available at Adorama
- Nikon SB-910 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight
- Nikon SC-29 Dedicated TTL Coiled Sync Extension Cord
- Lastolite Joe McNally 24" White Ezybox Hotshoe
- Nikon MS-SD9 Replacement Battery Holder for the SD-900 Battery Pack
- Harbor Digital Ultimate Light Box Pro Pack
Learn more at the Adorama Learning Center
- The Golden Age of Wireless Photo Flash
- Nikon announces SB-900 flagship Speedlight
- Create Your Own Sunlight with Off-Camera Flash
- On-Camera Flash Basics—AdoramaTV
- 16 flash terms you should know